Livalo and Gastrointestinal haemorrhage - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Gastrointestinal haemorrhage is found among people who take Livalo, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Livalo and have Gastrointestinal haemorrhage. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,880 people who have side effects when taking Livalo from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
7,880 people reported to have side effects when taking Livalo.
Among them, 52 people (0.66%) have Gastrointestinal haemorrhage.
What is Livalo?
Livalo has active ingredients of pitavastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. eHealthMe is studying from 8,136 Livalo users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Gastrointestinal haemorrhage?
Gastrointestinal haemorrhage (bleeding gastrointestinal tract) is found to be associated with 2,595 drugs and 2,001 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Livalo and Gastrointestinal haemorrhage reports submitted per year:
Time on Livalo when people have Gastrointestinal haemorrhage *:
- < 1 month: 76.92 %
- 1 - 6 months: 7.69 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 15.38 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Gastrointestinal haemorrhage when taking Livalo *:
- female: 49.02 %
- male: 50.98 %
Age of people who have Gastrointestinal haemorrhage when taking Livalo *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 4.17 %
- 60+: 95.83 %
Common drugs people take besides Livalo *:
- Lasix: 19 people, 36.54%
- Pradaxa: 13 people, 25.00%
- Xarelto: 13 people, 25.00%
- Diovan: 11 people, 21.15%
- Amlodipine: 10 people, 19.23%
- Plavix: 9 people, 17.31%
- Metformin: 9 people, 17.31%
- Norvasc: 8 people, 15.38%
- Zolpidem: 8 people, 15.38%
- Miralax: 7 people, 13.46%
Common side effects people have besides Gastrointestinal haemorrhage *:
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 11 people, 21.15%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 7 people, 13.46%
- Renal Impairment (severely reduced kidney function): 7 people, 13.46%
- Iron Deficiency Anaemia: 6 people, 11.54%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 6 people, 11.54%
- Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death): 5 people, 9.62%
- Rectal Haemorrhage (bleeding from anus): 5 people, 9.62%
- Melaena (the passage of black, tarry stools): 5 people, 9.62%
- Generalised Oedema (swelling all over the body): 4 people, 7.69%
- Haematemesis (vomiting of blood): 4 people, 7.69%
Common conditions people have *:
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 27 people, 51.92%
- High Blood Pressure: 16 people, 30.77%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 15 people, 28.85%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 14 people, 26.92%
- Constipation: 13 people, 25.00%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 10 people, 19.23%
- Hyperuricaemia (level of uric acid in the blood that is abnormally high): 7 people, 13.46%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 6 people, 11.54%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 5 people, 9.62%
- Pancreatic Carcinoma Metastatic (pancreatic cancer- metastatic): 5 people, 9.62%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Livalo and have Gastrointestinal haemorrhage?Check whether Gastrointestinal haemorrhage is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Alokaily FA, Alghamdi M, Almalki AS, Alhussaini H, "Aspirin induced leukocytoclastic vasculitis, lower gastrointestinal hemorrhage and acute renal failure (mimicking systemic vasculitis)", Saudi medical journal, 2013 Apr .
How severe was Gastrointestinal haemorrhage and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of pitavastatin calcium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Livalo:
- Livalo (8,136 reports)
Common Livalo side effects:
- Muscle aches (muscle pain): 403 reports
- Rashes (redness): 393 reports
- Diarrhea: 336 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 304 reports
- Weakness: 283 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 271 reports
- Dizziness: 266 reports
Browse all side effects of Livalo:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Gastrointestinal haemorrhage treatments and more:
- Gastrointestinal haemorrhage (102,876 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Gastrointestinal haemorrhage:
- Gastrointestinal haemorrhage in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Gastrointestinal haemorrhage in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Gastrointestinal haemorrhage in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Gastrointestinal haemorrhage:
- Xarelto: 31,927 reports
- Aspirin: 17,621 reports
- Pradaxa: 11,008 reports
- Plavix: 9,211 reports
- Furosemide: 5,374 reports
- Lasix: 5,064 reports
- Acetylsalicylic acid: 5,042 reports
- Lisinopril: 4,627 reports
- Coumadin: 3,886 reports
- Omeprazole: 3,872 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Gastrointestinal haemorrhage:
- Gastrointestinal haemorrhage (2,595 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Gastrointestinal haemorrhage:
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 28,721 reports
- Stroke: 20,231 reports
- Deep venous thrombosis: 6,064 reports
- High blood pressure: 4,707 reports
- Pulmonary embolism: 3,626 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Gastrointestinal haemorrhage:
- Gastrointestinal haemorrhage (2,001 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on pitavastatin calcium (the active ingredients of Livalo) and Livalo (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Osteoarthritis Aggravated and Neoplasm Malignant - 2 seconds ago
- Nizoral and Enoxaparin Sodium drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Acetylsalicylic Acid and Neuroma - 4 seconds ago
- Menstrual Cycle Management and Cervical Dysplasia - 6 seconds ago
- Eryc and Tramadol drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Nausea and Breath Sounds Abnormal - 19 seconds ago
- Risperdal and Fintepla drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Pravastatin Sodium and Neutropenic Infection - 27 seconds ago
- Cartia Xt and Chemotherapy - 29 seconds ago
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride and Anaphylaxis - 33 seconds ago