Lodine and Hepatomegaly - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Hepatomegaly is found among people who take Lodine, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Lodine and have Hepatomegaly. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,605 people who have side effects when taking Lodine from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
3,605 people reported to have side effects when taking Lodine.
Among them, 7 people (0.19%) have Hepatomegaly.
What is Lodine?
Lodine has active ingredients of etodolac. It is often used in pain. eHealthMe is studying from 3,773 Lodine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Hepatomegaly?
Hepatomegaly (abnormal enlargement of the liver) is found to be associated with 2,242 drugs and 1,798 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Lodine and Hepatomegaly reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hepatomegaly when taking Lodine *:
- female: 71.43 %
- male: 28.57 %
Age of people who have Hepatomegaly when taking Lodine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 14.29 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 28.57 %
- 40-49: 42.86 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 14.29 %
Common drugs people take besides Lodine *:
- Keflex: 4 people, 57.14%
- Imitrex: 3 people, 42.86%
- Ventolin: 3 people, 42.86%
- Premarin: 3 people, 42.86%
- Tenuate Dospan: 3 people, 42.86%
- Dyazide: 3 people, 42.86%
- Prozac: 3 people, 42.86%
- Phentermine: 2 people, 28.57%
- Zovirax: 1 person, 14.29%
- Digoxin: 1 person, 14.29%
Common side effects people have besides Hepatomegaly *:
- Back Pain: 5 people, 71.43%
- Chest Pressure Sensation (feeling of pressure on chest): 3 people, 42.86%
- Oedema Lower Limb (fluid collection in tissue of lower leg): 3 people, 42.86%
- Hyperkalemia (damage to or disease of the kidney): 3 people, 42.86%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 3 people, 42.86%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3 people, 42.86%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 42.86%
- Pleural Effusion (water on the lungs): 3 people, 42.86%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 3 people, 42.86%
- Pulmonary Valve Incompetence: 2 people, 28.57%
Common conditions people have *:
- Hypotrichosis (condition that affects hair growth): 1 person, 14.29%
- Acne (skin problems that cause pimples): 1 person, 14.29%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Lodine and have Hepatomegaly?Check whether Hepatomegaly is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Liao KF, Cheng KC, Lin CL, Lai SW, "Etodolac and the risk of acute pancreatitis", BioMedicine, 2017 Jan .
How severe was Hepatomegaly and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of etodolac:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Lodine:
- Lodine (3,773 reports)
Common Lodine side effects:
Browse all side effects of Lodine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Hepatomegaly treatments and more:
- Hepatomegaly (17,798 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Hepatomegaly:
- Hepatomegaly in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Hepatomegaly in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Hepatomegaly in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Hepatomegaly:
All the drugs that are associated with Hepatomegaly:
- Hepatomegaly (2,242 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hepatomegaly:
All the conditions that are associated with Hepatomegaly:
- Hepatomegaly (1,798 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on etodolac (the active ingredients of Lodine) and Lodine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Folic Acid and Didronel drug interaction - now
- Oral Mucosal Eruption and drugs of ingredients of atorvastatin calcium - 2 seconds ago
- Lithobid and Gynecomastia - 2 seconds ago
- Neurontin and Heart Attack - 12 seconds ago
- Restasis and Drug Effect Decreased - 17 seconds ago
- Lioresal and Stress And Anxiety - 19 seconds ago
- Ramelteon and Migraine - 20 seconds ago
- Urinary Retention and Constipation - 21 seconds ago
- Luvox and Altace drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Conzip and Vitamin D drug interaction - 24 seconds ago