Loratadine and Heartburn - from FDA reports
Heartburn is found among people who take Loratadine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zantac, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Heartburn with Loratadine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 20,091 people who have side effects when taking Loratadine from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 19, 2017
20,091 people reported to have side effects when taking Loratadine.
Among them, 337 people (1.68%) have Heartburn
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Loratadine when people have Heartburn *:
- < 1 month: 50.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 12.5 %
- 2 - 5 years: 25.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 12.5 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Heartburn when taking Loratadine *:
- female: 77.47 %
- male: 22.53 %
Age of people who have Heartburn when taking Loratadine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.54 %
- 20-29: 4.23 %
- 30-39: 4.62 %
- 40-49: 9.62 %
- 50-59: 25.77 %
- 60+: 54.23 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (44 people, 13.06%)
- High Blood Pressure (39 people, 11.57%)
- Hypersensitivity (34 people, 10.09%)
- Stress And Anxiety (31 people, 9.20%)
- Multiple Myeloma (29 people, 8.61%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zantac (92 people, 27.30%)
- Lyrica (79 people, 23.44%)
- Nasonex (70 people, 20.77%)
- Ativan (69 people, 20.47%)
- Prilosec (59 people, 17.51%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (86 people, 25.52%)
- Breathing Difficulty (76 people, 22.55%)
- Fatigue (70 people, 20.77%)
- Depression (70 people, 20.77%)
- Back Pain (70 people, 20.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Heartburn when taking Loratadine?
- Check symptoms - is heartburn caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHeartburn and drugs with ingredients of loratadine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHeartburn and Loratadine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Loratadine has active ingredients of loratadine. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Loratadine 21,962 users)
Heartburn has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure (latest reports from 144,263 Heartburn patients).
Browse all side effects of Loratadinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HeartburnHeartburn
Could your condition cause HeartburnHeartburn
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I had taken antibiotic containing Amoxicyllin (2 times 3 days) in July 2016 for a Throat infection. I started having GERD symptoms from Oct-Nov 2016. Learnt from various forums that Amoxicyllin can cause GERD, hence wanted to know more on how to recover from it and want to know success stories.
Have taken over-the- counter loratadine 10mg periodically (not every day) for probably over 10 years during high seasonal allergy seasons or when working in situations were dust, fumes or grass/tree/pollen would cause allergies or sinus infections. It works great for reducing allergy symptoms. ...
Just to say since taking Nortriptyline I have had severe acid reflux and indigestion I tried Nexium but I had to stop taking them because of side effects and when I did stop it became a nightmare with rebound acid reflux so I now take gaviscon double action chewable tablets. I took nortriptyline ...