Lorazepam and Fall - from FDA reports
Fall is found among people who take Lorazepam, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Fall with Lorazepam. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 73,867 people who have side effects when taking Lorazepam from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
73,867 people reported to have side effects when taking Lorazepam.
Among them, 3,102 people (4.2%) have Fall
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lorazepam when people have Fall *:
- < 1 month: 66.35 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20.85 %
- 6 - 12 months: 1.42 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.79 %
- 2 - 5 years: 2.84 %
- 5 - 10 years: 3.32 %
- 10+ years: 1.42 %
Gender of people who have Fall when taking Lorazepam *:
- female: 66.71 %
- male: 33.29 %
Age of people who have Fall when taking Lorazepam *:
- 0-1: 0.04 %
- 2-9: 0.15 %
- 10-19: 0.73 %
- 20-29: 1.81 %
- 30-39: 5.95 %
- 40-49: 10.31 %
- 50-59: 17.8 %
- 60+: 63.2 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression: 396 people, 12.77%
- Pain: 294 people, 9.48%
- High Blood Pressure: 244 people, 7.87%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 196 people, 6.32%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 155 people, 5.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin: 380 people, 12.25%
- Zometa: 294 people, 9.48%
- Lasix: 281 people, 9.06%
- Ambien: 277 people, 8.93%
- Neurontin: 260 people, 8.38%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain: 583 people, 18.79%
- Weakness: 550 people, 17.73%
- Dizziness: 543 people, 17.50%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 494 people, 15.93%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 478 people, 15.41%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Lorazepam and have Fall?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Fall
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Share you experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Glucose, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Hcg (pregnancy) qualitative, serum (human chorionic gonadotropin) females only ($53.00) Add to cart
- Thyroid panel with tsh plus free t3 and free t4 ($99.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Lorazepam has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Lorazepam 77,250 users)
Fall has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain (latest reports from 198,144 Fall patients).
Drugs that are associated with FallFall (3,340 drugs)
Could your condition cause FallFall (3,511 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsFall and drugs with ingredients of lorazepam. (5,027 reports)
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFall and Lorazepam from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Lorazepam side effects
- Lorazepam side effects (73,915 reports)
Browse all side effects of Lorazepama b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Lorazepam and have Fall
- Support group for people who have Fall
- Support group for people who take Lorazepam
Can you answer these questions
- I am wondering if this can have very bad hot flashes that dont go away. Feels like i am drenched in sweat but im not.
- Am I the only person in this group?
- My eyes weep all day. My eyes sensitive to tv only at night. Eyes dry out at night. Crust on lashes and eyelids in morning. Though it was alergies had eye trouble since june. Take lorazepam before going to bed
- Does Lorazepam cause Pulmonary Hypertension
- I have overdosed on 40 Unisum Extra strength seeping pills around 8 years ago, and I have been having chest pains since. I went to the doctor and they did tests but in the end they told me they don't know why I'm having the chest pains. Now that I take lorazepam I get chest pains to, and am...
You may be interested in these posts
- Hi there. I've just come off 20yrs of Paxil and have been trying supplements to help me cope. I recently started taking NAC but had an episode last night and this morning of horrible sensations including foreboding and fear I'm losing my mind. The emerg doc thinks I should take some Ativan...
- I have recently been switched from Stribild to Genvoya. Now after an episode at work, I have started Lorazepam. Are these compatible? I'm on 1mg twice a day. It definitely helps with my anxiety. Besides feeling tired (heavy eye lids), I haven't seen any other side effects. I am quite teary most...
- Does anyone's diet reverse fatty liver while taking lorazepam?
- can you take lorazapam & theanine together
- Hello. Are there any major drawbacks to taking Loranzepam for a Dementia patient that is 80 years old.
- Will you have Hyporeflexia with Budesonide?
- Will you have Fatigue with Niaspan?
- Will you have Weariness with Niaspan?
- Will you have Tiredness with Niaspan?
- Will you have Lethargy with Niaspan?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Budesonide and have Hyporeflexia?
- Support group for people who take Niaspan and have Fatigue?
- Support group for people who take Niaspan and have Weariness?
- Support group for people who take Niaspan and have Tiredness?
- Support group for people who take Niaspan and have Lethargy?
- What to expect when you take Budesonide and have Hyporeflexia?
- What to expect when you take Niaspan and have Fatigue?
- What to expect when you take Niaspan and have Weariness?
- What to expect when you take Niaspan and have Tiredness?
- What to expect when you take Niaspan and have Lethargy?
- A study for a 36 year old woman who takes Adipex-p, Methadose
- A study for a 26 year old woman who takes Effexor Xr, Doxy 100, Concerta
- Drug comparison of Isoptin, Xarelto for a 57 year old man
- Drug comparison of Adderall, Ritalin for a 72 year old woman
- A study for a 38 year old woman who takes Tora
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.