Lortab and Itching - from FDA reports
Itching is found among people who take Lortab, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Paxil, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Itching with Lortab. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 21,759 people who have side effects when taking Lortab from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 27, 2017
21,759 people reported to have side effects when taking Lortab.
Among them, 508 people (2.33%) have Itching
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lortab when people have Itching *:
- < 1 month: 66.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 33.33 %
Gender of people who have Itching when taking Lortab *:
- female: 69.98 %
- male: 30.02 %
Age of people who have Itching when taking Lortab *:
- 0-1: 0.24 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.43 %
- 20-29: 0.97 %
- 30-39: 7.77 %
- 40-49: 24.76 %
- 50-59: 30.34 %
- 60+: 33.5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (39 people, 7.68%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (36 people, 7.09%)
- High Blood Pressure (29 people, 5.71%)
- Back Pain (28 people, 5.51%)
- Stress And Anxiety (24 people, 4.72%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Paxil (65 people, 12.80%)
- Ambien (64 people, 12.60%)
- Xanax (59 people, 11.61%)
- Neurontin (55 people, 10.83%)
- Lasix (53 people, 10.43%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rashes (175 people, 34.45%)
- Nausea (131 people, 25.79%)
- Headache (120 people, 23.62%)
- Fatigue (114 people, 22.44%)
- Breathing Difficulty (113 people, 22.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Itching when taking Lortab?
- Check symptoms - is itching caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsItching and drugs with ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeItching and Lortab from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Lortab has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Lortab 23,463 users)
Itching has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 165,446 Itching patients).
Browse all side effects of Lortaba b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ItchingItching
Could your condition cause ItchingItching
What would happen?
Questions to the study
How long after stopping will the itching stop? Has been 5 days is no way as bad or often seems to be less every day, was horrible when taking. Would think after 5 days any side effect should be gone completely.
User reviews to the study
I have been on Tamsulosin for almost 10 months. However, I have noticed in the last few weeks of itching. I have also noticed some rashes in my scrap. I just took a dose tonight and started noticing this weard sensation and feeling as if ants are crawling over me. I took a Benadryl to help ...
I had my gallbladder removed and had a problem with chronic diarrhea. I also have high cholesterol. My doctor put me on cholesterol medication called Welchol. At first, it was wonderful because it stopped me from having diarrhea so much. But now my skin itches everywhere even in my scalp.
My daughter is prescribed Decadron for treatment of leukemia. She has the most horriable side effects from this steroid the worst being a horriable itch that is somewhat tamed by Benadryl, or hydroxyzine. At first, our oncology team was surprised by this, but as I am reading around the internet ...