Losartan potassium and Cardiac murmur - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Cardiac murmur is found among people who take Losartan potassium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Losartan potassium and have Cardiac murmur. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 35,672 people who have side effects when taking Losartan potassium from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
35,672 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan potassium.
Among them, 67 people (0.19%) have Cardiac murmur.
What is Losartan potassium?
Losartan potassium has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 37,027 Losartan potassium users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Cardiac murmur?
Cardiac murmur (an heart sound in valve abnormality) is found to be associated with 1,697 drugs and 1,066 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Losartan potassium and Cardiac murmur reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Cardiac murmur when taking Losartan potassium *:
- female: 81.54 %
- male: 18.46 %
Age of people who have Cardiac murmur when taking Losartan potassium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 4.08 %
- 40-49: 18.37 %
- 50-59: 30.61 %
- 60+: 46.94 %
Common drugs people take besides Losartan potassium *:
- Lasix: 18 people, 26.87%
- Aspirin: 14 people, 20.90%
- Furosemide: 14 people, 20.90%
- Hydrochlorothiazide: 12 people, 17.91%
- Crestor: 12 people, 17.91%
- Claritin: 10 people, 14.93%
- Synthroid: 10 people, 14.93%
- Xyrem: 10 people, 14.93%
- Xanax: 10 people, 14.93%
- Simvastatin: 10 people, 14.93%
Common side effects people have besides Cardiac murmur *:
- Cough: 23 people, 34.33%
- Depression: 19 people, 28.36%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 18 people, 26.87%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 17 people, 25.37%
- Tricuspid Valve Incompetence (inefficient heart valve): 16 people, 23.88%
- Headache (pain in head): 15 people, 22.39%
- Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat): 15 people, 22.39%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 15 people, 22.39%
- Pleural Effusion (water on the lungs): 15 people, 22.39%
- Pneumonia: 15 people, 22.39%
Common conditions people have *:
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 10 people, 14.93%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 10 people, 14.93%
- Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (reoccurrence of an inflammatory disease in which the insulating covers of nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord are damaged): 8 people, 11.94%
- Pain: 6 people, 8.96%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 5 people, 7.46%
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 5 people, 7.46%
- Depression: 5 people, 7.46%
- Stress And Anxiety: 5 people, 7.46%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 5 people, 7.46%
- Immunodeficiency Disorders: 4 people, 5.97%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Losartan potassium and have Cardiac murmur?Check whether Cardiac murmur is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lai SW, Lin HF, Lin CL, Liao KF, "No association between losartan use and acute pancreatitis in hypertensive patients", Eur J Hosp Pharm, 2017 Mar .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Losartan potassium:
- Losartan potassium (37,027 reports)
Cardiac murmur treatments and more:
- Cardiac murmur (13,253 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Cardiac murmur:
- Cardiac murmur in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Cardiac murmur in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Cardiac murmur in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Cardiac murmur and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of losartan potassium:
Common drugs associated with Cardiac murmur:
All the drugs that are associated with Cardiac murmur:
- Cardiac murmur (1,697 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Cardiac murmur:
All the conditions that are associated with Cardiac murmur:
- Cardiac murmur (1,066 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on losartan potassium (the active ingredients of Losartan potassium) and Losartan potassium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- How effective is Budesonide for Crohn'S Disease? - 4 seconds ago
- Zometa and Disturbance In Attention - 9 seconds ago
- Irbesartan and Performance Status Decreased - 12 seconds ago
- How effective is Vitamin B12 for Stress And Anxiety? - 26 seconds ago
- Pulmicort and Hypophagia - 30 seconds ago