Losartan potassium and Iron deficiency anaemia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Iron deficiency anaemia is found among people who take Losartan potassium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Losartan potassium and have Iron deficiency anaemia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 40,425 people who have side effects when taking Losartan potassium from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
40,425 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan potassium.
Among them, 81 people (0.2%) have Iron deficiency anaemia.
What is Losartan potassium?
Losartan potassium has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 41,808 Losartan potassium users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Iron deficiency anaemia?
Iron deficiency anaemia is found to be associated with 1,853 drugs and 1,075 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Losartan potassium and Iron deficiency anaemia reports submitted per year:
Time on Losartan potassium when people have Iron deficiency anaemia *:
- < 1 month: 16.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 16.67 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 16.67 %
- 5 - 10 years: 50.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Iron deficiency anaemia when taking Losartan potassium *:
- female: 82.05 %
- male: 17.95 %
Age of people who have Iron deficiency anaemia when taking Losartan potassium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.45 %
- 20-29: 4.35 %
- 30-39: 14.49 %
- 40-49: 2.9 %
- 50-59: 15.94 %
- 60+: 60.87 %
Common drugs people take besides Losartan potassium *:
- Zometa: 21 people, 25.93%
- Furosemide: 21 people, 25.93%
- Crestor: 19 people, 23.46%
- Aredia: 17 people, 20.99%
- Prednisolone: 17 people, 20.99%
- Digoxin: 16 people, 19.75%
- Synthroid: 15 people, 18.52%
- Aspirin: 14 people, 17.28%
- Morphine: 14 people, 17.28%
- Warfarin Sodium: 14 people, 17.28%
Common side effects people have besides Iron deficiency anaemia *:
- Pain: 25 people, 30.86%
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 21 people, 25.93%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 18 people, 22.22%
- Stress And Anxiety: 18 people, 22.22%
- Dental Caries: 17 people, 20.99%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 17 people, 20.99%
- Joint Pain: 17 people, 20.99%
- Osteitis (a general term for inflammation of bone): 17 people, 20.99%
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (nerve compression at wrist results numbness weakness, pain , swelling): 16 people, 19.75%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 16 people, 19.75%
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 9 people, 11.11%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 8 people, 9.88%
- Ill-Defined Disorder: 7 people, 8.64%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 7 people, 8.64%
- Cough: 6 people, 7.41%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 5 people, 6.17%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 5 people, 6.17%
- Pain: 5 people, 6.17%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 5 people, 6.17%
- Depression: 5 people, 6.17%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Losartan potassium and have Iron deficiency anaemia?Check whether Iron deficiency anaemia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lai SW, Lin HF, Lin CL, Liao KF, "No association between losartan use and acute pancreatitis in hypertensive patients", Eur J Hosp Pharm, 2017 Mar .
How severe was Iron deficiency anaemia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of losartan potassium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Losartan potassium:
- Losartan potassium (41,808 reports)
Common Losartan potassium side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3,290 reports
- Diarrhea: 2,553 reports
- High blood pressure: 2,519 reports
- Dizziness: 2,110 reports
- Drug ineffective: 2,096 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 2,019 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 1,953 reports
- Weakness: 1,849 reports
Browse all side effects of Losartan potassium:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Iron deficiency anaemia treatments and more:
- Iron deficiency anaemia (19,101 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Iron deficiency anaemia:
- Iron deficiency anaemia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Iron deficiency anaemia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Iron deficiency anaemia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Iron deficiency anaemia:
- Aspirin: 1,214 reports
- Prednisone: 973 reports
- Fosamax: 809 reports
- Furosemide: 780 reports
- Lasix: 762 reports
- Accutane: 720 reports
- Omeprazole: 678 reports
- Xarelto: 664 reports
- Humira: 643 reports
- Metformin: 571 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Iron deficiency anaemia:
- Iron deficiency anaemia (1,853 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Iron deficiency anaemia:
- High blood pressure: 968 reports
- Osteoporosis: 859 reports
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 836 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 742 reports
- Acne: 463 reports
- Stroke: 458 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 430 reports
- Pain: 427 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Iron deficiency anaemia:
- Iron deficiency anaemia (1,075 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on losartan potassium (the active ingredients of Losartan potassium) and Losartan potassium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Tylenol W/ Codeine and Soft Tissue Disorder - 6 seconds ago
- Trandolapril And Verapamil Hydrochloride and Zide drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Cymbalta and Hypervigilance - 14 seconds ago
- Coenzyme Q10 and Heart Attack - 17 seconds ago
- Aricept and Depo-Medrol drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Zoloft and Tigan drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Vytorin and Respiratory Acidosis - 29 seconds ago
- Remodulin and Legionella Infection - 31 seconds ago
- Forteo and Sensation Of Pressure In Ear - 32 seconds ago
- Dronabinol and Dysgraphia - 32 seconds ago