Losartan and Application site discharge - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Application site discharge is found among people who take Losartan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Losartan and have Application site discharge. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 140,693 people who have side effects when taking Losartan from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
140,693 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan.
Among them, 11 people (0.01%) have Application site discharge.
What is Losartan?
Losartan has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 146,241 Losartan users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Application site discharge?
Application site discharge is found to be associated with 315 drugs and 218 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Losartan and Application site discharge reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Application site discharge when taking Losartan *:
- female: 70 %
- male: 30 %
Age of people who have Application site discharge when taking Losartan *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 14.29 %
- 60+: 85.71 %
Common drugs people take besides Losartan *:
- Regranex: 3 people, 27.27%
- Baby Aspirin: 3 people, 27.27%
- Vitamin D3: 2 people, 18.18%
- Biotin: 2 people, 18.18%
- Lasix: 2 people, 18.18%
- Lyrica: 2 people, 18.18%
- Ranitidine: 1 person, 9.09%
- Imiquimod: 1 person, 9.09%
- Valchlor: 1 person, 9.09%
- Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3: 1 person, 9.09%
Common side effects people have besides Application site discharge *:
- Application Site Pain: 5 people, 45.45%
- Application Site Erythema (redness of the skin at application site): 4 people, 36.36%
- Application Site Pruritus (application site severe itching of the skin): 4 people, 36.36%
- Application Site Discoloration: 2 people, 18.18%
- Application Site Swelling: 2 people, 18.18%
- Application Site Reaction: 1 person, 9.09%
- Application Site Exfoliation (application site removal of the oldest dead skin cells on the skin's outermost surface): 1 person, 9.09%
- Application Site Infection: 1 person, 9.09%
- Application Site Papules (solid elevation of skin with no visible fluid at application site): 1 person, 9.09%
- Application Site Rash: 1 person, 9.09%
Common conditions people have *:
- Wound Necrosis (damaged cell of wound): 1 person, 9.09%
- Wound: 1 person, 9.09%
- Vulvovaginal Dryness: 1 person, 9.09%
- Swelling: 1 person, 9.09%
- Skin Ulcer: 1 person, 9.09%
- Skin Infection: 1 person, 9.09%
- Skin Cancer: 1 person, 9.09%
- Pain: 1 person, 9.09%
- Joint Pain: 1 person, 9.09%
- Hair Loss: 1 person, 9.09%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Losartan and have Application site discharge?Check whether Application site discharge is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lai SW, Lin HF, Lin CL, Liao KF, "No association between losartan use and acute pancreatitis in hypertensive patients", Eur J Hosp Pharm, 2017 Mar .
How severe was Application site discharge and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of losartan potassium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Losartan:
- Losartan (146,241 reports)
Common Losartan side effects:
Browse all side effects of Losartan:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Application site discharge treatments and more:
- Application site discharge (1,143 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Application site discharge:
- Application site discharge in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Application site discharge in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Application site discharge in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Application site discharge:
All the drugs that are associated with Application site discharge:
- Application site discharge (315 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Application site discharge:
- Actinic keratosis: 207 reports
- Solar keratosis: 207 reports
- Sun-induced skin changes - keratosis: 207 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Application site discharge:
- Application site discharge (218 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on losartan potassium (the active ingredients of Losartan) and Losartan (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pirfenidone and Psoriasis - now
- Jardiance and Fistula - 9 seconds ago
- Aldurazyme and Fentanyl drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Cardura and Rapamune drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Prevacid and Osteonecrosis Of Jaw - 18 seconds ago
- Dobutamine Hydrochloride and Lopurin drug interaction - 59 seconds ago
- Reglan and Hoarseness Or Changing Voice - a minute ago
- Minocin and Flexeril drug interaction - a minute ago
- Phentermine and Ziac drug interaction - a minute ago
- Trental and Nausea - a minute ago