Losartan and Headache - from FDA reports
Headache is found among people who take Losartan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Amlodipine, and have High blood cholesterol. This review analyzes which people have Headache with Losartan. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 56,396 people who have side effects when taking Losartan from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 20, 2017
56,396 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan.
Among them, 2,569 people (4.56%) have Headache
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Losartan when people have Headache *:
- < 1 month: 55.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 22.5 %
- 6 - 12 months: 11.67 %
- 1 - 2 years: 2.5 %
- 2 - 5 years: 5.83 %
- 5 - 10 years: 2.5 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Headache when taking Losartan *:
- female: 71.69 %
- male: 28.31 %
Age of people who have Headache when taking Losartan *:
- 0-1: 0.05 %
- 2-9: 0.1 %
- 10-19: 0.49 %
- 20-29: 0.97 %
- 30-39: 3.3 %
- 40-49: 10.3 %
- 50-59: 21.72 %
- 60+: 63.07 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (260 people, 10.12%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (214 people, 8.33%)
- Pain (178 people, 6.93%)
- Diabetes (172 people, 6.70%)
- Depression (121 people, 4.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Amlodipine (247 people, 9.61%)
- Metformin (234 people, 9.11%)
- Humira (177 people, 6.89%)
- Vitamin D (149 people, 5.80%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (138 people, 5.37%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Dizziness (510 people, 19.85%)
- Nausea (508 people, 19.77%)
- Fatigue (421 people, 16.39%)
- Diarrhea (327 people, 12.73%)
- Pain (269 people, 10.47%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Headache when taking Losartan?
- Check symptoms - is headache caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHeadache and drugs with ingredients of losartan potassium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHeadache and Losartan from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Losartan has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Losartan 59,770 users)
Headache (pain in head) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, depression, pain (latest reports from 344,771 Headache patients).
Browse all side effects of Losartana b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HeadacheHeadache
Could your condition cause HeadacheHeadache
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lai SW, Lin HF, Lin CL, Liao KF, "No association between losartan use and acute pancreatitis in hypertensive patients", Eur J Hosp Pharm, 2017 Mar .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I am taking losartan as maintenance drug for high blood pressure for 3 years now, can I take Cialis if I am also taking losartan? I am 55 years old and has BPH, what dosage (mg) of Cialis should I take?
User posts to the study
I have taken Lisartan for about 8 years now. I teach choir and have loss my upper range. I recently stopped taking Losartan. Will my upper range return? If yes, how long will it take before it comes back?
i was put on Losartan (without HCTZ) a little over a year ago for high blood pressure, had some routine bloodwork done last week and my blood sugar level is elevated. I had this problem once before on a different BP medicine (Benazapril with HCTZ). When the HCTZ compnent was dropped from ...
I was prescribed Losartan 100 mgs and started taking one 100 mg tablet 3 months back. It was tolerated for all this time, but have started feeling fall in BP on getting up in the morning and after prolonged sitting Need suggestions on options available, if any body has similar experience Is it ...