Losartan and Scleritis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Scleritis is found among people who take Losartan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Losartan and have Scleritis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 140,693 people who have side effects when taking Losartan from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
140,693 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan.
Among them, 15 people (0.01%) have Scleritis.
What is Losartan?
Losartan has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 146,241 Losartan users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Scleritis?
Scleritis (inflammation of sclera) is found to be associated with 552 drugs and 300 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Losartan and Scleritis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Scleritis when taking Losartan *:
- female: 66.67 %
- male: 33.33 %
Age of people who have Scleritis when taking Losartan *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 7.14 %
- 50-59: 14.29 %
- 60+: 78.57 %
Common drugs people take besides Losartan *:
- Amlodipine: 4 people, 26.67%
- Metformin: 3 people, 20.00%
- Simvastatin: 3 people, 20.00%
- Zyrtec: 2 people, 13.33%
- Ibuprofen: 2 people, 13.33%
- Methotrexate: 2 people, 13.33%
- Lumigan: 2 people, 13.33%
- Lantus: 2 people, 13.33%
- Lansoprazole: 2 people, 13.33%
- Humira: 2 people, 13.33%
Common side effects people have besides Scleritis *:
- Cataract (clouding of the lens inside the eye): 4 people, 26.67%
- Eye Pain: 4 people, 26.67%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 4 people, 26.67%
- Fever: 3 people, 20.00%
- Visual Acuity Reduced (reduced clearness of vision): 3 people, 20.00%
- Drug Ineffective: 3 people, 20.00%
- Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss): 3 people, 20.00%
- Intraocular Pressure Increased: 2 people, 13.33%
- Interstitial Lung Disease: 2 people, 13.33%
- Hyperuricaemia (level of uric acid in the blood that is abnormally high): 2 people, 13.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 5 people, 33.33%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 3 people, 20.00%
- Hyperthyroidism (over activity of the thyroid gland): 2 people, 13.33%
- Hypersensitivity: 2 people, 13.33%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 2 people, 13.33%
- Diabetes: 2 people, 13.33%
- Dry Eyes (lack of adequate tears): 2 people, 13.33%
- Dyslipidaemia (abnormal amount of lipids): 2 people, 13.33%
- Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss): 2 people, 13.33%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 2 people, 13.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Losartan and have Scleritis?Check whether Scleritis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lai SW, Lin HF, Lin CL, Liao KF, "No association between losartan use and acute pancreatitis in hypertensive patients", Eur J Hosp Pharm, 2017 Mar .
How severe was Scleritis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of losartan potassium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Losartan:
- Losartan (146,241 reports)
Common Losartan side effects:
Browse all side effects of Losartan:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Scleritis treatments and more:
- Scleritis (1,991 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Scleritis:
- Scleritis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Scleritis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Scleritis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Scleritis:
All the drugs that are associated with Scleritis:
- Scleritis (552 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Scleritis:
All the conditions that are associated with Scleritis:
- Scleritis (300 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on losartan potassium (the active ingredients of Losartan) and Losartan (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Rhinocort and Rosuvastatin Calcium drug interaction - now
- Acetylsalicylic Acid and Fainting - 17 seconds ago
- Coreg and Gastric Ulcer - 18 seconds ago
- Zofran and Adrenal Insufficiency Neonatal - 33 seconds ago
- Codeine and Cefuroxime drug interaction - 41 seconds ago
- Inlyta and Rash - Child Under 2 Years - 43 seconds ago
- Avapro and Disability - 46 seconds ago
- Keflex and Movement - Uncontrolled Or Slow - 47 seconds ago
- Anastrozole and Seebri drug interaction - a minute ago
- Savella and Dexilant drug interaction - a minute ago