Lovastatin and Nasal congestion - from FDA reports
Nasal congestion is found among people who take Lovastatin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Humira, and have Primary pulmonary hypertension. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 21,993 people who have side effects when taking Lovastatin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
21,993 people reported to have side effects when taking Lovastatin.
Among them, 121 people (0.55%) have Nasal congestion
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lovastatin when people have Nasal congestion *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Nasal congestion when taking Lovastatin *:
- female: 56.3 %
- male: 43.7 %
Age of people who have Nasal congestion when taking Lovastatin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (primary high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the right side of your heart): 14 people, 11.57%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 13 people, 10.74%
- Pain: 12 people, 9.92%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 9 people, 7.44%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 9 people, 7.44%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Humira: 21 people, 17.36%
- Aspirin: 16 people, 13.22%
- Zantac: 14 people, 11.57%
- Lasix: 14 people, 11.57%
- Metformin: 13 people, 10.74%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Cough: 37 people, 30.58%
- Weakness: 26 people, 21.49%
- Depression: 24 people, 19.83%
- Chest Pain: 24 people, 19.83%
- Pain: 23 people, 19.01%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Nasal congestion while taking Lovastatin?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Nasal congestion
- Subscribe to monitor Nasal congestion in Lovastatin
You are not alone:
Lovastatin has active ingredients of lovastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Lovastatin 22,984 users)
Nasal congestion (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, primary pulmonary hypertension, asthma, pulmonary hypertension, psoriasis (latest reports from 40,399 Nasal congestion patients).
Drugs that are associated with Nasal congestionNasal congestion (2,208 drugs)
Could your condition cause Nasal congestionNasal congestion (1,719 conditions)
Lovastatin side effects
- Lovastatin side effects (21,999 reports)
Browse all side effects of Lovastatina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Metastatic Uterine Cancer with Carbamazepine? - a second ago
- Will you have Neutrophil Count Decreased with Arimidex? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Vaginal Erosion with Advair Diskus 100/50? - 3 seconds ago
- Olive Leaf and Prevacid Naprapac 250 drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Tmj Disorders with Mirapex? - 7 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Xarelto - 4 minutes ago
- A study for a 69 year old woman who takes Losartan, Gabapentin - 28 minutes ago
- A study for a 38 year old woman who takes Trileptal, Seroquel Xr, Effexor Xr - 43 minutes ago
- A study for a 41 year old man who takes Escitalopram, Vyvanse, Methadone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl - 44 minutes ago
- A study for a 58 year old woman who takes Pristiq - 49 minutes ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.