Lunesta and Tachycardia - from FDA reports
Tachycardia is found among people who take Lunesta, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Tachycardia with Lunesta. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 18,533 people who have side effects when taking Lunesta from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
18,533 people reported to have side effects when taking Lunesta.
Among them, 135 people (0.73%) have Tachycardia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lunesta when people have Tachycardia *:
- < 1 month: 75.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 12.5 %
- 6 - 12 months: 6.25 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 6.25 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Tachycardia when taking Lunesta *:
- female: 67.72 %
- male: 32.28 %
Age of people who have Tachycardia when taking Lunesta *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.91 %
- 20-29: 0.97 %
- 30-39: 11.65 %
- 40-49: 18.45 %
- 50-59: 36.89 %
- 60+: 29.13 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 17 people, 12.59%
- High Blood Pressure: 17 people, 12.59%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 15 people, 11.11%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 13 people, 9.63%
- Breast Cancer Metastatic: 13 people, 9.63%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa: 42 people, 31.11%
- Lorazepam: 38 people, 28.15%
- Lipitor: 37 people, 27.41%
- Ambien: 34 people, 25.19%
- Coumadin: 30 people, 22.22%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty: 55 people, 40.74%
- Pain: 54 people, 40.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 51 people, 37.78%
- Constipation: 45 people, 33.33%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 44 people, 32.59%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Lunesta and have Tachycardia?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Tachycardia
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Glucose, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Hcg (pregnancy) qualitative, serum (human chorionic gonadotropin) females only ($53.00) Add to cart
- Thyroid panel with tsh plus free t3 and free t4 ($99.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Lunesta has active ingredients of eszopiclone. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Lunesta 20,082 users)
Tachycardia (a heart rate that exceeds the range of 100 beats/min) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, pain, atrial fibrillation/flutter, osteoporosis (latest reports from 92,199 Tachycardia patients).
Drugs that are associated with TachycardiaTachycardia (3,392 drugs)
Could your condition cause TachycardiaTachycardia (3,863 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsTachycardia and drugs with ingredients of eszopiclone. (416 reports)
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeTachycardia and Lunesta from FDA and eHealthMe reports (138 reports)
Lunesta side effects
- Lunesta side effects (18,538 reports)
Browse all side effects of Lunestaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lai SW, Lai HC, Lin CL, Liao KF, "Zopiclone use associated with increased risk of acute pancreatitis: a case–control study in Taiwan", International journal of clinical practice, 2015 Nov .
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Lunesta and have Tachycardia
- Support group for people who have Tachycardia
- Support group for people who take Lunesta
Can you answer these questions
- Good day I have. 2 yrs old daughter who recently been diagnosed to have abnormal heart rythem ( third degree heart block ) . We noticed she was having low heart rate ( bradycardia ) and when we investigated we found this .. mother doesnt have autoimmune conditions and my daughters echo was...
- Hello i noticed that tachycardia starts whenever I eat something. Did anyone noticed the same ?
- Hello: For 12 years I was on Atenolol .25 for tachycardia and ectopic beats. Last week, my cardiologist switched to Toprol xl. I have noted a lot of ectopic beats. Is that usual?
- Please comment on multaq with bradycardia
- I am a 70 year old women raised in the Mississippi Valley. I completed a year on the anti fungal drug after diagnosis with disseminated histoplasmosis. I am now newly diagnosed with bradycardia & related symptoms & undergoing testing. Do you give treatment suggestions? Many thanks!
You may be interested in these posts
- Ever since I have started Stelara- I have had severe tachycardia- every test in the book has been run... I have rheumatoid arthritis and crohns...
- I started taking rutin a week ago & virtually within 24 hours of taking this 500mg supplement from holland & barret i had heart palpitations/flutters, but as i suffer from arrythmia of my heart caused from when i was on beta blockers (paradoxical effect) for anxiety 20 years ago i didnt think to...
- I have taken Creatine on and off for 15 years. I developed sudden onset of persistent Afib that required an ablation. I have no genetic history of this Arrhythmia in my family. Is there a connection???
- I have no history of arrhythmia. As soon as I took this drug my arrhythmia began. I stop taking it and it disappeared. My advice is that it is coincidence. I am now undergoing an ablation to correct this. If I stop taking this drug my arrhythmia seems to stop I have an app on my phone that I...
- I have experienced tachycardia on the slightest exersion since 1st dose doxatacel ( on Fec t regime for breast cancer) however this is being dismissed as anxiety though this was not an issue prior to doxatacel. This also seems to make me feel shaky and breathless on slight excersion. Has any...
- Will you have Pulmonary Granuloma with Adderall?
- Will you have Allodynia with Hemorrhoids?
- Melatonin and Xolair drug interaction
- Allegra and Ocaliva drug interaction
- Will you have Mittelschmerz with Incontinence?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Adderall and have Pulmonary Granuloma?
- Support group for people who have Hemorrhoids and Allodynia?
- Support group for people who take Melatonin and Xolair
- Support group for people who take Allegra and Ocaliva
- Support group for people who have Incontinence and Mittelschmerz?
- What to expect when you take Adderall and have Pulmonary Granuloma?
- What to expect when you have Hemorrhoids and Allodynia?
- What to expect when you take Melatonin and Xolair
- What to expect when you take Allegra and Ocaliva
- What to expect when you have Incontinence and Mittelschmerz?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.