Lunesta and Unilateral hydronephrosis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 24,570 people who have side effects when taking Lunesta. Unilateral hydronephrosis is found, especially among people who are male, 60+ old, also take Zometa and have Multiple myeloma.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Lunesta and have Unilateral hydronephrosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
24,570 people reported to have side effects when taking Lunesta.
Among them, 18 people (0.07%) have Unilateral hydronephrosis.
What is Lunesta?
Lunesta has active ingredients of eszopiclone. It is used in insomnia. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 26,341 Lunesta users.
What is Unilateral hydronephrosis?
Unilateral hydronephrosis (kidney stone that causes obstruction of the ureter) is found to be associated with 1,901 drugs and 1,109 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 10,035 people who have Unilateral hydronephrosis.
Number of Lunesta and Unilateral hydronephrosis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Unilateral hydronephrosis when taking Lunesta *:
- female: 33.33 %
- male: 66.67 %
Age of people who have Unilateral hydronephrosis when taking Lunesta *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 33.33 %
- 50-59: 33.33 %
- 60+: 33.33 %
Common drugs people take besides Lunesta *:
- Percocet: 9 people, 50.00%
- Avandia: 9 people, 50.00%
- Oxycontin: 9 people, 50.00%
- Zometa: 9 people, 50.00%
- Zofran: 8 people, 44.44%
- Gabapentin: 8 people, 44.44%
- Diflucan: 8 people, 44.44%
- Norvasc: 7 people, 38.89%
- Ambien: 7 people, 38.89%
- Aredia: 6 people, 33.33%
Common side effects people have besides Unilateral hydronephrosis *:
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 10 people, 55.56%
- Pain: 10 people, 55.56%
- General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status): 10 people, 55.56%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 10 people, 55.56%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 10 people, 55.56%
- Weakness: 9 people, 50.00%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 9 people, 50.00%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 9 people, 50.00%
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 9 people, 50.00%
- Osteomyelitis (infection of bone): 9 people, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 5 people, 27.78%
- Pain: 4 people, 22.22%
- Stress And Anxiety: 3 people, 16.67%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 3 people, 16.67%
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 2 people, 11.11%
- Indigestion: 2 people, 11.11%
- Breathing Difficulty: 2 people, 11.11%
- Conjunctivitis Allergic (inflammation of the conjunctiva due to allergy): 2 people, 11.11%
- Diarrhea: 2 people, 11.11%
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma (liver cancer): 2 people, 11.11%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Lunesta and have Unilateral hydronephrosis?Check whether Unilateral hydronephrosis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lai SW, Lai HC, Lin CL, Liao KF, "Zopiclone use associated with increased risk of acute pancreatitis: a case–control study in Taiwan", International journal of clinical practice, 2015 Nov .
How severe was Unilateral hydronephrosis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of eszopiclone:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Lunesta:
- Lunesta (26,341 reports)
Browse all side effects of Lunesta:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Unilateral hydronephrosis treatments and more:
- Unilateral hydronephrosis (10,035 reports)
Common drugs associated with Unilateral hydronephrosis:
- Prednisone: 711 reports
- Zometa: 560 reports
- Omeprazole: 490 reports
- Aspirin: 488 reports
- Prevacid: 409 reports
- Prilosec: 349 reports
- Tacrolimus: 349 reports
- Prednisolone: 332 reports
- Methotrexate: 327 reports
- Furosemide: 324 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Unilateral hydronephrosis:
- Unilateral hydronephrosis (1,901 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Unilateral hydronephrosis:
- High blood pressure: 482 reports
- Kidney transplant: 357 reports
- Pain: 337 reports
- Osteoporosis: 331 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 327 reports
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease: 325 reports
- Prostate cancer: 271 reports
- Breast cancer: 234 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Unilateral hydronephrosis:
- Unilateral hydronephrosis (1,109 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on eszopiclone (the active ingredients of Lunesta) and Lunesta (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Isoproterenol Hydrochloride and Erythema Multiforme - 2 seconds ago
- Clobazam and Maternal Exposure Before Pregnancy - 6 seconds ago
- Zide and High Blood Pressure - 13 seconds ago
- Hc and Crestor drug interaction - 28 seconds ago
- How effective is Tecfidera for Multiple Sclerosis? - 30 seconds ago
- Morphine Sulfate and Tooth Extraction - 39 seconds ago
- Aubagio and Pain In Extremity - 42 seconds ago
- Aripiprazole and Blood Urea Increased - 46 seconds ago
- Lorcet-Hd and Pristiq drug interaction - 48 seconds ago
- Folic Acid and Amputation - 50 seconds ago