Lupron and Fatigue - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Fatigue is found among people who take Lupron, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Lupron and have Fatigue. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 37,338 people who have side effects when taking Lupron from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
37,338 people reported to have side effects when taking Lupron.
Among them, 4,294 people (11.5%) have Fatigue.
What is Lupron?
Lupron has active ingredients of leuprolide acetate. It is often used in endometriosis. eHealthMe is studying from 37,949 Lupron users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Fatigue?
Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) is found to be associated with 5,391 drugs and 6,174 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Lupron and Fatigue reports submitted per year:
Time on Lupron when people have Fatigue *:
Gender of people who have Fatigue when taking Lupron*:
Age of people who have Fatigue when taking Lupron *:
Common drugs people take besides Lupron *:
Common side effects people have besides Fatigue *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Lupron and have Fatigue?Check whether Fatigue is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Sharma SP, Muggia F, "Supraventricular tachycardia and urticaria complicating leuprolide-induced ovarian suppression in a young woman with breast cancer: a case report", ecancermedicalscience, 2016 Jan .
- Peel MM, Cooke M, Lewis-Peel HJ, Lea RA, Moyle W, "A randomized controlled trial of coenzyme Q 10 for fatigue in the late-onset sequelae of poliomyelitis", Complementary therapies in medicine, 2015 Dec .
- Pong YH, Lu YC, Tsai VF, Huang PL, Hsieh JT, Chang HC, "Acute manic and psychotic symptoms following subcutaneous leuprolide acetate in a male patient without prior psychiatric history: A case report and literature review", Urological Science, 2014 Mar .
How severe was Fatigue and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of leuprolide acetate:
- Fatigue and drugs with ingredients of leuprolide acetate (6,452 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Lupron:
- Lupron (37,949 reports)
Common Lupron side effects:
- Hot flush (sudden feelings of heat): 4,990 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 4,294 reports
- Pain: 2,641 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 2,526 reports
- Weakness: 2,471 reports
- Death: 2,170 reports
Browse all side effects of Lupron:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Fatigue treatments and more:
- Fatigue (814,860 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Fatigue:
- Fatigue in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Fatigue in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Fatigue in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Fatigue:
- Prednisone: 46,071 reports
- Humira: 38,407 reports
- Aspirin: 37,295 reports
- Methotrexate: 36,266 reports
- Enbrel: 32,387 reports
- Vitamin d: 23,634 reports
- Tysabri: 23,185 reports
- Omeprazole: 22,124 reports
- Metformin: 22,049 reports
- Gabapentin: 21,158 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Fatigue:
- Fatigue (5,391 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Fatigue:
- Multiple sclerosis: 66,133 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 50,897 reports
- High blood pressure: 27,376 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 27,077 reports
- Pain: 21,635 reports
- Depression: 20,515 reports
- Hepatitis c: 19,082 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Fatigue:
- Fatigue (6,174 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on leuprolide acetate (the active ingredients of Lupron) and Lupron (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Xtandi and Peritonitis - now
- Iron Dextran and Pravachol drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Welchol and Fosrenol drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Zide and Cancer - Throat Or Larynx - 19 seconds ago
- How effective is Metformin Hydrochloride for Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-Dependent? - 25 seconds ago
- Abreva and Metronidazole drug interaction - 27 seconds ago
- Estraderm vs. Climara Pro - 35 seconds ago
- Voriconazole and Meibomianitis - 35 seconds ago
- Benicar and Incivek drug interaction - 47 seconds ago
- Mycophenolate Mofetil and Angina Pectoris Aggravated - 54 seconds ago