Who have Libido decreased with Lupron - from FDA reports
Libido decreased is found among people who take Lupron, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Casodex, and have Preventive health care. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 28,123 people who have side effects when taking Lupron from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Peer to Peer mobile support
Peer support for this study is available on our Ginger Health app. It's free, anonymous and secure. The app is ideal for people taking multiple medications or having multiple conditions.
28,123 people reported to have side effects when taking Lupron.
Among them, 194 people (0.69%) have Libido decreased
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lupron when people have Libido decreased *:
- < 1 month: 26.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 40.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 20.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 2.22 %
- 2 - 5 years: 6.67 %
- 5 - 10 years: 4.44 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Libido decreased when taking Lupron *:
- female: 58.79 %
- male: 41.21 %
Age of people who have Libido decreased when taking Lupron *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.8 %
- 20-29: 14.4 %
- 30-39: 24.8 %
- 40-49: 14.4 %
- 50-59: 8.0 %
- 60+: 37.6 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care: 23 people, 11.86%
- Gynaecomastia (enlargement of the gland tissue of the male breast): 20 people, 10.31%
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 18 people, 9.28%
- Hypogonadism (reduction or absence of hormone secretion or other physiological activity of the gonads (testes or ovaries)): 18 people, 9.28%
- Uterine Leiomyoma (uterine benign tumour derived from smooth muscle): 18 people, 9.28%
- Pain: 7 people, 3.61%
- Stress And Anxiety: 7 people, 3.61%
- Vitamin Supplementation: 6 people, 3.09%
- Hormone Replacement Therapy: 5 people, 2.58%
- Depression: 5 people, 2.58%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa: 30 people, 15.46%
- Casodex: 30 people, 15.46%
- Aredia: 27 people, 13.92%
- Celebrex: 21 people, 10.82%
- Fosamax: 20 people, 10.31%
- Hydrocortisone: 20 people, 10.31%
- Nizoral: 20 people, 10.31%
- Avodart: 20 people, 10.31%
- Flomax: 18 people, 9.28%
- Tamoxifen Citrate: 18 people, 9.28%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hot Flush (sudden feelings of heat): 120 people, 61.86%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 68 people, 35.05%
- Headache (pain in head): 57 people, 29.38%
- Depression: 54 people, 27.84%
- Memory Loss: 52 people, 26.80%
- Mood Swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood): 48 people, 24.74%
- Pain: 43 people, 22.16%
- Stress And Anxiety: 43 people, 22.16%
- Weight Increased: 43 people, 22.16%
- Dizziness: 38 people, 19.59%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Libido decreased while taking Lupron?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Libido decreased
- Subscribe to monitor Libido decreased in Lupron
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Lupron and have Libido decreased
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Lupron has active ingredients of leuprolide acetate. It is often used in endometriosis. (latest outcomes from Lupron 28,616 users)
Libido decreased (loss of interest in sex) has been reported by people with depression, hair loss, birth control, androgenetic alopecia, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 11,988 Libido decreased patients).
Drugs that are associated with Libido decreasedLibido decreased (1,269 drugs)
Could your condition cause Libido decreasedLibido decreased (827 conditions)
Lupron side effects
- Lupron side effects (28,130 reports)
Browse by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Luprona b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Compare Lupron to similar drugs:
- Lupron vs Casodex
- Lupron vs Depo-provera
- Lupron vs Loestrin 24 fe
- Lupron vs Lyrica
- Lupron vs Seasonique
- Lupron vs Sprintec
- Lupron vs Synarel
- Lupron vs Ultram
- Lupron vs Zoladex
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Pong YH, Lu YC, Tsai VF, Huang PL, Hsieh JT, Chang HC, "Acute manic and psychotic symptoms following subcutaneous leuprolide acetate in a male patient without prior psychiatric history: A case report and literature review", Urological Science, 2014 Mar .
- Sharma SP, Muggia F, "Supraventricular tachycardia and urticaria complicating leuprolide-induced ovarian suppression in a young woman with breast cancer: a case report", ecancermedicalscience, 2015 Jan .
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Mini Mental Status Examination Abnormal with Olmetec? - now
- Will you have Abdominal Obesity with Cephalexin? - a second ago
- Will you have Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder with Twynsta? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Weight Gain Poor with Phenergan? - 3 seconds ago
- Xifaxan and Montelukast Sodium drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Eyelid Ptosis with Keloids? - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Blood Test Abnormal with Vyvanse? - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Colitis Ischaemic with Alfuzosin Hydrochloride? - 8 seconds ago
- Will you have Skin Discolouration with Phoslo? - 8 seconds ago
- Will you have Skin Discoloration with Phoslo? - 9 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 67 year old woman who takes Cellcept, Prednisone - an hour ago
- A study for a 71 year old man who takes Viagra - 3 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Cialis, Viagra for a 59 year old man - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 62 year old man who takes Klonopin - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 68 year old man who takes Nardil, Ambien - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 57 year old man who takes Escitalopram, Atorvastatin Calcium, Nuvigil, Lamictal Xr, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Irbesartan - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 64 year old woman who takes Sandostatin, Sandostatin Lar - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Nexium 24hr, Ibuprofen - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 50 year old man who takes Citalopram Hydrobromide - 9 hours ago
- A study for a 63 year old woman who takes Prednisone - 9 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.