Lupron and Premature menopause - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 39,915 people who have side effects when taking Lupron. Premature menopause is found, especially among people who are 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take Ibrance and have Breast cancer female.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Lupron and have Premature menopause. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
39,915 people reported to have side effects when taking Lupron.
Among them, 41 people (0.1%) have Premature menopause.
What is Lupron?
Lupron has active ingredients of leuprolide acetate. It is used in endometriosis. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 40,540 Lupron users.
What is Premature menopause?
Premature menopause is found to be associated with 367 drugs and 259 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 1,457 people who have Premature menopause.
Number of Lupron and Premature menopause reports submitted per year:
Time on Lupron when people have Premature menopause *:
- < 1 month: 28.57 %
- 1 - 6 months: 42.86 %
- 6 - 12 months: 14.29 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 14.29 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Premature menopause when taking Lupron *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 8 %
- 20-29: 12 %
- 30-39: 24 %
- 40-49: 56 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Lupron *:
- Ibrance: 6 people, 14.63%
- Orilissa: 4 people, 9.76%
- Tylenol: 2 people, 4.88%
- Lexapro: 2 people, 4.88%
- Depo-Provera: 2 people, 4.88%
- Xeloda: 1 person, 2.44%
- Flexeril: 1 person, 2.44%
- Kadcyla: 1 person, 2.44%
- Herceptin: 1 person, 2.44%
- Gabapentin: 1 person, 2.44%
Common side effects people have besides Premature menopause *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 12 people, 29.27%
- Hot Flush (sudden feelings of heat): 11 people, 26.83%
- Pain In Extremity: 10 people, 24.39%
- Hair Loss: 10 people, 24.39%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 9 people, 21.95%
- White Blood Cell Count Decreased: 6 people, 14.63%
- Nosebleed (bleeding from nose): 6 people, 14.63%
- Haemorrhage (bleeding): 6 people, 14.63%
- Memory Loss: 5 people, 12.20%
- Weight Increased: 5 people, 12.20%
Common conditions people have *:
- Breast Cancer Female: 5 people, 12.20%
- Uterine Leiomyoma (uterine benign tumour derived from smooth muscle): 3 people, 7.32%
- Panic Disorder: 2 people, 4.88%
- Breast Cancer: 2 people, 4.88%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 2 people, 4.88%
- Oocyte Harvest: 1 person, 2.44%
- Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body): 1 person, 2.44%
- Cyst (a closed sac): 1 person, 2.44%
- Breast Cancer Metastatic: 1 person, 2.44%
- Birth Control: 1 person, 2.44%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Lupron and have Premature menopause?Check whether Premature menopause is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Sharma SP, Muggia F, "Supraventricular tachycardia and urticaria complicating leuprolide-induced ovarian suppression in a young woman with breast cancer: a case report", ecancermedicalscience, 2016 Jan .
- Pong YH, Lu YC, Tsai VF, Huang PL, Hsieh JT, Chang HC, "Acute manic and psychotic symptoms following subcutaneous leuprolide acetate in a male patient without prior psychiatric history: A case report and literature review", Urological Science, 2014 Mar .
Lupron side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Lupron side effects (40,540 reports)
Premature menopause treatments and more:
- Premature menopause (1,457 reports)
Common drugs associated with Premature menopause:
- Cyclophosphamide: 167 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Premature menopause:
- Premature menopause (367 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Premature menopause:
- Premature menopause (259 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on leuprolide acetate (the active ingredients of Lupron) and Lupron (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Ruzurgi and Topamax drug interaction - a second ago
- Profen and Contac 12 Hour drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Glucosamine Sulfate and Lenalidomide drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Cefuroxime and Novalgin drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Sudafed and Clozapine drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Phenergan and Egrifta drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Ondansetron and Plasmacytoma - 17 seconds ago
- Focalin and Oxcarbazepine drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Haloperidol and Iopamidol drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Colace and Angioedema - 23 seconds ago