Lyrica and Blood cortisol increased - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Blood cortisol increased is found among people who take Lyrica, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Lyrica and have Blood cortisol increased. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 243,378 people who have side effects when taking Lyrica from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
243,378 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica.
Among them, 9 people (0.0%) have Blood cortisol increased.
What is Lyrica?
Lyrica has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia. eHealthMe is studying from 249,087 Lyrica users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Blood cortisol increased?
Blood cortisol increased is found to be associated with 481 drugs and 242 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Lyrica and Blood cortisol increased reports submitted per year:
Time on Lyrica when people have Blood cortisol increased *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 66.67 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 33.33 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Blood cortisol increased when taking Lyrica *:
- female: 66.67 %
- male: 33.33 %
Age of people who have Blood cortisol increased when taking Lyrica *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 25 %
- 50-59: 50 %
- 60+: 25 %
Common drugs people take besides Lyrica *:
- Xyrem: 3 people, 33.33%
- Zoloft: 2 people, 22.22%
- Cymbalta: 2 people, 22.22%
- Multivitamin: 2 people, 22.22%
- Armour Thyroid: 1 person, 11.11%
- Fentanyl: 1 person, 11.11%
- Furosemide: 1 person, 11.11%
- Klor-Con: 1 person, 11.11%
- Lipitor: 1 person, 11.11%
- Lisinopril: 1 person, 11.11%
Common side effects people have besides Blood cortisol increased *:
- Abdominal Pain Upper: 3 people, 33.33%
- Drug Ineffective: 3 people, 33.33%
- Loss Of Consciousness: 2 people, 22.22%
- Chest Pain: 2 people, 22.22%
- Drowsiness: 2 people, 22.22%
- Face Oedema (swelling of face): 2 people, 22.22%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 22.22%
- Feeling Abnormal: 2 people, 22.22%
- Gastritis (inflammation of stomach): 2 people, 22.22%
- Hypersensitivity: 2 people, 22.22%
Common conditions people have *:
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 3 people, 33.33%
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (long lasting pain condition most often affecting one of the limbs (arms, legs, hands, or feet)): 2 people, 22.22%
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 2 people, 22.22%
- Thyroid Diseases: 1 person, 11.11%
- Sleep Disorder: 1 person, 11.11%
- Prostate Cancer: 1 person, 11.11%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 1 person, 11.11%
- Cystitis Interstitial (unknown cause characterized by bladder pain): 1 person, 11.11%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Lyrica and have Blood cortisol increased?Check whether Blood cortisol increased is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- de Landaluce, L. O., Carbonell, P., Asensio, C., Escoda, N., López, P., & Laporte, J. R. , "Gabapentin and Pregabalin and Risk of Atrial Fibrillation in the Elderly: A Population-Based Cohort Study in an Electronic Prescription Database", Drug safety, 2018 Jan .
- Bonnet U, Taazimi B, Grabbe HD, "Pregabalin-Related Hypertriglyceridemia", Psychosomatics, 2014 Nov .
How severe was Blood cortisol increased and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of pregabalin:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Lyrica:
- Lyrica (249,087 reports)
Common Lyrica side effects:
- Pain: 30,908 reports
- Drug ineffective: 26,123 reports
- Dizziness: 14,707 reports
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 13,952 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 13,177 reports
- Weight increased: 12,245 reports
Browse all side effects of Lyrica:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Blood cortisol increased treatments and more:
- Blood cortisol increased (465 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Blood cortisol increased:
- Blood cortisol increased in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Blood cortisol increased in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Blood cortisol increased in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Blood cortisol increased:
- Blood cortisol increased (481 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Blood cortisol increased:
- Blood cortisol increased (242 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on pregabalin (the active ingredients of Lyrica) and Lyrica (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Perjeta and Gemcitabine drug interaction - now
- Haloperidol and Robaxin drug interaction - a second ago
- Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate and Costochondritis - 7 seconds ago
- Mucinex and Dissociation - 13 seconds ago
- Prednisolone Sodium Phosphate and Atorvastatin Calcium drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Drug Ineffective in Concerta, how severe and when it was recovered? - 20 seconds ago
- Potassium Chloride 10Meq and Loperamide Hydrochloride drug interaction - 27 seconds ago
- Isosorbide Mononitrate and Amiodarone Hydrochloride drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Alvesco and Evista drug interaction - 33 seconds ago
- Tenesmus and drugs of ingredients of isotretinoin - 46 seconds ago