Lyrica and Dementia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dementia is found among people who take Lyrica, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Lyrica and have Dementia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 243,378 people who have side effects when taking Lyrica from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
243,378 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica.
Among them, 670 people (0.28%) have Dementia.
What is Lyrica?
Lyrica has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia. eHealthMe is studying from 249,087 Lyrica users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dementia?
Dementia (madness) is found to be associated with 2,448 drugs and 1,749 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Lyrica and Dementia reports submitted per year:
Time on Lyrica when people have Dementia *:
Gender of people who have Dementia when taking Lyrica*:
Age of people who have Dementia when taking Lyrica *:
Common drugs people take besides Lyrica *:
Common side effects people have besides Dementia *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Lyrica and have Dementia?Check whether Dementia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- de Landaluce, L. O., Carbonell, P., Asensio, C., Escoda, N., López, P., & Laporte, J. R. , "Gabapentin and Pregabalin and Risk of Atrial Fibrillation in the Elderly: A Population-Based Cohort Study in an Electronic Prescription Database", Drug safety, 2018 Jan .
- Bonnet U, Taazimi B, Grabbe HD, "Pregabalin-Related Hypertriglyceridemia", Psychosomatics, 2014 Nov .
How severe was Dementia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of pregabalin:
- Dementia and drugs with ingredients of pregabalin (747 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Lyrica:
- Lyrica (249,087 reports)
Common Lyrica side effects:
- Pain: 30,908 reports
- Drug ineffective: 26,123 reports
- Dizziness: 14,707 reports
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 13,952 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 13,177 reports
- Weight increased: 12,245 reports
Browse all side effects of Lyrica:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Dementia treatments and more:
- Dementia (38,009 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dementia:
- Dementia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dementia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dementia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Dementia:
- Aspirin: 1,497 reports
- Apixaban: 845 reports
- Revlimid: 798 reports
- Seroquel: 743 reports
- Omeprazole: 716 reports
- Furosemide: 698 reports
- Aricept: 692 reports
- Lyrica: 670 reports
- Nuplazid: 660 reports
- Lisinopril: 649 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Dementia:
- Dementia (2,448 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Dementia:
- Parkinson's disease: 1,734 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,059 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,014 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 978 reports
- Osteoporosis: 919 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 917 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Dementia:
- Dementia (1,749 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on pregabalin (the active ingredients of Lyrica) and Lyrica (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Cimetidine and Duodenitis - now
- Cimetidine and Ear Barotrauma - 2 seconds ago
- Cimetidine and Calcinosis - 3 seconds ago
- Restoril and Face Injury - 4 seconds ago
- Humira and Systemic Lupus Erythematosus - 5 seconds ago
- Cimduo and Depression - 7 seconds ago
- Ciloxan and Drowsiness - 7 seconds ago
- Ciloxan and Convulsion - 9 seconds ago
- Hyperglycemia in Vesicare, how severe and when it was recovered? - 10 seconds ago
- Cilostazol and Drowsiness - 11 seconds ago