Will you have Diplopia with Lyrica - from FDA reports
Diplopia is found among people who take Lyrica, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Cymbalta, and have Neuropathy peripheral. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 167,362 people who have side effects when taking Lyrica from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on pregabalin (the active ingredients of Lyrica) and Lyrica (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Diplopia are also considered in the study.
What is Lyrica?
Lyrica has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia. (latest outcomes from Lyrica 172,120 users)
What is Diplopia?
Diplopia (double vision) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, depression, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 20,973 Diplopia patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
167,362 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica.
Among them, 984 people (0.59%) have Diplopia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lyrica when people have Diplopia *:
- < 1 month: 64.22 %
- 1 - 6 months: 24.31 %
- 6 - 12 months: 5.05 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.67 %
- 2 - 5 years: 2.29 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.46 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Diplopia when taking Lyrica *:
- female: 67.38 %
- male: 32.62 %
Age of people who have Diplopia when taking Lyrica *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.14 %
- 20-29: 2.0 %
- 30-39: 10.44 %
- 40-49: 17.31 %
- 50-59: 21.03 %
- 60+: 49.07 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 85 people, 8.64%
- High Blood Pressure: 68 people, 6.91%
- Depression: 59 people, 6.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 58 people, 5.89%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 44 people, 4.47%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 40 people, 4.07%
- Sleep Disorder: 37 people, 3.76%
- Back Pain: 32 people, 3.25%
- Headache (pain in head): 30 people, 3.05%
- Herpes Zoster: 29 people, 2.95%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Cymbalta: 79 people, 8.03%
- Ibuprofen: 51 people, 5.18%
- Neurontin: 51 people, 5.18%
- Simvastatin: 44 people, 4.47%
- Nexium: 43 people, 4.37%
- Tylenol: 41 people, 4.17%
- Synthroid: 38 people, 3.86%
- Zoloft: 35 people, 3.56%
- Celebrex: 35 people, 3.56%
- Aspirin: 34 people, 3.46%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Vision Blurred: 308 people, 31.30%
- Dizziness: 249 people, 25.30%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 148 people, 15.04%
- Weakness: 144 people, 14.63%
- Drowsiness: 137 people, 13.92%
- Headache (pain in head): 130 people, 13.21%
- Fall: 116 people, 11.79%
- Gait Disturbance: 113 people, 11.48%
- Memory Loss: 112 people, 11.38%
- Visual Impairment: 110 people, 11.18%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Diplopia while taking Lyrica?
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Lyrica and have Diplopia
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Bonnet U, Taazimi B, Grabbe HD, "Pregabalin-Related Hypertriglyceridemia", Psychosomatics, 2014 Nov .
Drugs that are associated with DiplopiaDiplopia (1,968 drugs)
Could your condition cause DiplopiaDiplopia (1,597 conditions)
Lyrica side effects
- Lyrica side effects (167,444 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Lyricaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Vanished Testes - Undescended with Ambien? - now
- Will you have Scrotum - Empty (Undescended Testes) with Ambien? - now
- Will you have Empty Scrotum - Undescended Testes with Ambien? - now
- Will you have Cryptorchism with Ambien? - now
- Will you have Cryptorchidism with Ambien? - now
- Will you have Monorchism with Ambien? - now
- Will you have Radial Nerve Lesion with Trileptal? - now
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride and Tikosyn drug interaction - now
- Victoza and Saijan drug interaction - a second ago
- Will you have Oesophageal Adenocarcinoma Stage Iii with Prednisolone? - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 22 year old woman who takes Xeljanz - 37 minutes ago
- A study for a 33 year old woman who takes Lyrica - 42 minutes ago
- A study for a 31 year old woman who takes Nicotine, Excedrin, Sertraline, Aleve, Caffeine, Clonazepam, Ferrous Fumarate, Lamotrigine - an hour ago
- A study for a 49 year old woman who takes Ultram, Lyrica - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 31 year old woman who takes Clonazepam, Sertraline, Lamotrigine - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 65 year old man who takes Amlodipine, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Lisinopril - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 61 year old woman who takes Azithromycin, Pentasa, Plaquenil - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 18 year old girl who takes Onfi, Folic Acid - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 60 year old man who takes Simvastatin - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 57 year old man who takes Clonidine - 8 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.