Lyrica and Gas - belching - from FDA reports
Gas - belching is found among people who take Lyrica, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Cymbalta, and have Type 2 diabetes. This review analyzes which people have Gas - belching with Lyrica. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 138,585 people who have side effects when taking Lyrica from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 21, 2017
138,585 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica.
Among them, 91 people (0.07%) have Gas - belching
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lyrica when people have Gas - belching *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 25 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 25 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Gas - belching when taking Lyrica *:
- female: 69.66 %
- male: 30.34 %
Age of people who have Gas - belching when taking Lyrica *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 2.82 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 14.08 %
- 50-59: 28.17 %
- 60+: 54.93 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Type 2 Diabetes (11 people, 12.09%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (10 people, 10.99%)
- High Blood Pressure (8 people, 8.79%)
- Back Pain (8 people, 8.79%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (7 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Cymbalta (24 people, 26.37%)
- Nexium (14 people, 15.38%)
- Lexapro (11 people, 12.09%)
- Gabapentin (11 people, 12.09%)
- Byetta (10 people, 10.99%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (41 people, 45.05%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (27 people, 29.67%)
- Diarrhea (24 people, 26.37%)
- Dizziness (23 people, 25.27%)
- Flatulence (21 people, 23.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Gas - belching when taking Lyrica?
- Check symptoms - is gas - belching caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsGas - belching and drugs with ingredients of pregabalin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeGas - belching and Lyrica from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Lyrica has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia. (latest outcomes from Lyrica 143,334 users)
Gas - belching
Gas - belching (act of expelling air from the stomach through the mouth) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood cholesterol, gastroesophageal reflux disease (latest reports from 9,814 Gas - belching patients).
Browse all side effects of Lyricaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Gas - belchingGas - belching
Could your condition cause Gas - belchingGas - belching
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have been on Lyrica 50 mg for years. I was diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis last year. The neuropathy in my feet has gotten worse and my Doctor upped my Lyrica to 150 mg. Instantaneously I had worse breathing issues. Lyrica was the only thing I could think of because I started the higher dose ...
I have been taking Lyrica (150mg/day) for about 6 months and I took it once before for about 4 months. In both cases my triglycerides went up above the normal range. The first time, I weaned myself off of Lyrica and my triglycerides returned to normal. This time I'm wondering if there is ...
Been using lyrica for six months, and have terrible problems either ED. My partner doesn't have a big problem with it, bless her, but I do. I need to come off this drug anyway, because of the background headaches I get. I suffer from Chronic Cluster Headaches. The side effects are even worse ...
Hi! I'm 37 and have been on Lyrica for two months. My face is breaking out in acne really bad. It wouldn't be terrible if they were small but there huge!!! Does anyone have any suggestions of what I can do?