Lyrica and Memory loss - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 250,740 people who have side effects when taking Lyrica. Memory loss is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Cymbalta and have Neuropathy peripheral.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Lyrica and have Memory loss. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
250,740 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica.
Among them, 9,006 people (3.59%) have Memory loss.
What is Lyrica?
Lyrica has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is used in fibromyalgia. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 256,471 Lyrica users.
What is Memory loss?
Memory loss is found to be associated with 4,062 drugs and 4,279 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 231,916 people who have Memory loss.
Number of Lyrica and Memory loss reports submitted per year:
Time on Lyrica when people have Memory loss *:
Gender of people who have Memory loss when taking Lyrica*:
Age of people who have Memory loss when taking Lyrica *:
Common drugs people take besides Lyrica *:
Common side effects people have besides Memory loss *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Lyrica and have Memory loss?Check whether Memory loss is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- de Landaluce, L. O., Carbonell, P., Asensio, C., Escoda, N., López, P., & Laporte, J. R. , "Gabapentin and Pregabalin and Risk of Atrial Fibrillation in the Elderly: A Population-Based Cohort Study in an Electronic Prescription Database", Drug safety, 2018 Jan .
- Bonnet U, Taazimi B, Grabbe HD, "Pregabalin-Related Hypertriglyceridemia", Psychosomatics, 2014 Nov .
Lyrica side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Lyrica side effects (256,471 reports)
Memory loss treatments and more:
- Memory loss (231,916 reports)
Common drugs associated with Memory loss:
- Tysabri: 11,095 reports
- Aspirin: 9,906 reports
- Avonex: 9,871 reports
- Lyrica: 9,006 reports
- Gabapentin: 7,285 reports
- Tecfidera: 7,103 reports
- Vitamin d: 6,636 reports
- Omeprazole: 6,243 reports
- Humira: 5,900 reports
- Metformin: 5,864 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Memory loss:
- Memory loss (4,062 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Memory loss:
- Multiple sclerosis: 34,966 reports
- Depression: 10,082 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 9,111 reports
- Pain: 8,919 reports
- High blood pressure: 7,679 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 7,129 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Memory loss:
- Memory loss (4,279 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on pregabalin (the active ingredients of Lyrica) and Lyrica (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Buprenorphine Hydrochloride and Hypersensitivity - a second ago
- Sertraline and Oral Infection - 4 seconds ago
- Dha and Calcium Citrate drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Cipro and Constipation - 19 seconds ago
- Imodium and Periventricular Leukomalacia - 28 seconds ago
- Acetaminophen and Lymphoma - 30 seconds ago
- Transderm Scop and Back Pain - 36 seconds ago
- Famvir and Stress And Anxiety - 44 seconds ago
- Enoxaparin Sodium and Abdominal Tenderness - 47 seconds ago
- Fluoxetine and Drug Effect Increased - 51 seconds ago