Lyrica and Metabolic syndrome - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 250,740 people who have side effects when taking Lyrica. Metabolic syndrome is found, especially among people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take Zyprexa and have Stress and anxiety.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Lyrica and have Metabolic syndrome. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
250,740 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica.
Among them, 24 people (0.01%) have Metabolic syndrome.
What is Lyrica?
Lyrica has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is used in fibromyalgia. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 256,479 Lyrica users.
What is Metabolic syndrome?
Metabolic syndrome (a combination of the medical disorders that, when occurring together, increase the risk of developing cardiovascular disease) is found to be associated with 749 drugs and 357 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 2,493 people who have Metabolic syndrome.
Number of Lyrica and Metabolic syndrome reports submitted per year:
Time on Lyrica when people have Metabolic syndrome *:
- < 1 month: 20 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20 %
- 6 - 12 months: 40 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 20 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Metabolic syndrome when taking Lyrica *:
- female: 52.94 %
- male: 47.06 %
Age of people who have Metabolic syndrome when taking Lyrica *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 15.38 %
- 40-49: 53.85 %
- 50-59: 15.38 %
- 60+: 15.38 %
Common drugs people take besides Lyrica *:
- Zyprexa: 6 people, 25.00%
- Seroquel: 5 people, 20.83%
- Lexapro: 4 people, 16.67%
- Levothyroxine Sodium: 4 people, 16.67%
- Trimipramine Maleate: 3 people, 12.50%
- Buspirone Hcl: 3 people, 12.50%
- Cymbalta: 3 people, 12.50%
- Xanax: 3 people, 12.50%
- Lipitor: 3 people, 12.50%
- Glucophage: 3 people, 12.50%
Common side effects people have besides Metabolic syndrome *:
- Weight Increased: 12 people, 50.00%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 4 people, 16.67%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 3 people, 12.50%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3 people, 12.50%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 12.50%
- Diabetes: 2 people, 8.33%
- General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status): 2 people, 8.33%
- Insulin Resistance: 2 people, 8.33%
- Fall: 2 people, 8.33%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 2 people, 8.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 3 people, 12.50%
- Sleep Disorder: 2 people, 8.33%
- Psychotic Disorder: 2 people, 8.33%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 2 people, 8.33%
- Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (pain at the temporomandibular joint due to various causes of increased muscle tension and spasm. it is believed that syndrome is a physical manifestation of psychological stress): 1 person, 4.17%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 1 person, 4.17%
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 1 person, 4.17%
- Back Pain: 1 person, 4.17%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 1 person, 4.17%
- Birth Control: 1 person, 4.17%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Lyrica and have Metabolic syndrome?Check whether Metabolic syndrome is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- de Landaluce, L. O., Carbonell, P., Asensio, C., Escoda, N., López, P., & Laporte, J. R. , "Gabapentin and Pregabalin and Risk of Atrial Fibrillation in the Elderly: A Population-Based Cohort Study in an Electronic Prescription Database", Drug safety, 2018 Jan .
- Salama N, Eid A, Swedan A, Hatem A, "Increased prevalence of premature ejaculation in men with metabolic syndrome", The Aging Male, 2017 Feb .
- Bonnet U, Taazimi B, Grabbe HD, "Pregabalin-Related Hypertriglyceridemia", Psychosomatics, 2014 Nov .
Lyrica side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Lyrica side effects (256,479 reports)
Metabolic syndrome treatments and more:
- Metabolic syndrome (2,493 reports)
Common drugs associated with Metabolic syndrome:
- Zyprexa: 296 reports
- Metformin: 204 reports
- Seroquel: 196 reports
- Abilify: 181 reports
- Risperidone: 148 reports
- Olanzapine: 146 reports
- Risperdal: 119 reports
- Effexor: 104 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Metabolic syndrome:
- Metabolic syndrome (749 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Metabolic syndrome:
- Schizophrenia: 227 reports
- Depression: 153 reports
- High blood pressure: 121 reports
- Bipolar disorder: 108 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Metabolic syndrome:
- Metabolic syndrome (357 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on pregabalin (the active ingredients of Lyrica) and Lyrica (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Hyzaar and Hypothyroidism - 18 seconds ago
- Fosamax and Lasix drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Gabapentin and Drug Tolerance Increased - 24 seconds ago
- Pulmicort and Emtriva drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride and Ear Congestion - 27 seconds ago
- Clobetasol Propionate and Paclitaxel drug interaction - 32 seconds ago
- Verapamil Hcl and Glipizide drug interaction - 45 seconds ago
- Pacerone and Hospitalisation - 47 seconds ago
- Altace and Breathing Difficulty - 53 seconds ago
- Promethazine and Ivermectin drug interaction - a minute ago