Lyrica and Neck pain - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 250,740 people who have side effects when taking Lyrica. Neck pain is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Cymbalta and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Lyrica and have Neck pain. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
250,740 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica.
Among them, 2,092 people (0.83%) have Neck pain.
What is Lyrica?
Lyrica has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is used in fibromyalgia. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 256,479 Lyrica users.
What is Neck pain?
Neck pain is found to be associated with 3,293 drugs and 2,748 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 78,970 people who have Neck pain.
Number of Lyrica and Neck pain reports submitted per year:
Time on Lyrica when people have Neck pain *:
Gender of people who have Neck pain when taking Lyrica*:
Age of people who have Neck pain when taking Lyrica *:
Common drugs people take besides Lyrica *:
Common side effects people have besides Neck pain *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Lyrica and have Neck pain?Check whether Neck pain is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- de Landaluce, L. O., Carbonell, P., Asensio, C., Escoda, N., López, P., & Laporte, J. R. , "Gabapentin and Pregabalin and Risk of Atrial Fibrillation in the Elderly: A Population-Based Cohort Study in an Electronic Prescription Database", Drug safety, 2018 Jan .
- Bonnet U, Taazimi B, Grabbe HD, "Pregabalin-Related Hypertriglyceridemia", Psychosomatics, 2014 Nov .
Lyrica side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Lyrica side effects (256,479 reports)
Neck pain treatments and more:
- Neck pain (78,970 reports)
Common drugs associated with Neck pain:
- Humira: 5,668 reports
- Methotrexate: 4,989 reports
- Prednisone: 4,685 reports
- Enbrel: 4,650 reports
- Aspirin: 3,290 reports
- Synthroid: 2,279 reports
- Vitamin d: 2,278 reports
- Cosentyx: 2,267 reports
- Ibu: 2,114 reports
- Gabapentin: 2,107 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Neck pain:
- Neck pain (3,293 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Neck pain:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 7,449 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 3,781 reports
- Pain: 3,269 reports
- Osteoporosis: 3,216 reports
- High blood pressure: 2,936 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Neck pain:
- Neck pain (2,748 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on pregabalin (the active ingredients of Lyrica) and Lyrica (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lyrica and Neck Pain - 6 seconds ago
- Benadryl and Nocturia Aggravated - 9 seconds ago
- Lyrica and Injection Site Mass - 11 seconds ago
- Lyrica and Exposed Bone In Jaw - 14 seconds ago
- Oxybutynin Chloride and Osphena drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Lyrica and Blood Urine Present - 27 seconds ago
- Flax and Omeprazole drug interaction - 28 seconds ago
- Lyrica and Colonic Obstruction - 29 seconds ago
- Lyrica and Brain Stem Syndrome - 32 seconds ago
- Lyrica and Blindness Transient - 33 seconds ago