Lyrica and Non-hodgkin's lymphoma - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Non-hodgkin's lymphoma is found among people who take Lyrica, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Lyrica and have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 243,378 people who have side effects when taking Lyrica from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
243,378 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica.
Among them, 90 people (0.04%) have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma.
What is Lyrica?
Lyrica has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia. eHealthMe is studying from 249,011 Lyrica users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Non-hodgkin's lymphoma?
Non-hodgkin's lymphoma (malignant (cancer) cells form in the lymph system) is found to be associated with 1,615 drugs and 1,217 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Lyrica and Non-hodgkin's lymphoma reports submitted per year:
Time on Lyrica when people have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma *:
- < 1 month: 46.15 %
- 1 - 6 months: 38.46 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 15.38 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma when taking Lyrica *:
- female: 51.16 %
- male: 48.84 %
Age of people who have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma when taking Lyrica *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 3.9 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 9.09 %
- 50-59: 29.87 %
- 60+: 57.14 %
Common drugs people take besides Lyrica *:
- Cymbalta: 15 people, 16.67%
- Zofran: 10 people, 11.11%
- Xanax: 10 people, 11.11%
- Morphine: 9 people, 10.00%
- Revlimid: 9 people, 10.00%
- Famvir: 8 people, 8.89%
- Vitamin D3: 8 people, 8.89%
- Asa: 8 people, 8.89%
- Baby Aspirin: 8 people, 8.89%
- Ativan: 8 people, 8.89%
Common side effects people have besides Non-hodgkin's lymphoma *:
- Fall: 22 people, 24.44%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 15 people, 16.67%
- Headache (pain in head): 14 people, 15.56%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 11 people, 12.22%
- Sleep Disorder: 11 people, 12.22%
- Back Pain: 10 people, 11.11%
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 10 people, 11.11%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 10 people, 11.11%
- Diarrhea: 9 people, 10.00%
- Pain In Extremity: 9 people, 10.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Depression: 17 people, 18.89%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 11 people, 12.22%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 11 people, 12.22%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 10 people, 11.11%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 10 people, 11.11%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 10 people, 11.11%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 8 people, 8.89%
- Thyroid Diseases: 8 people, 8.89%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 8 people, 8.89%
- Hypomagnesaemia (electrolyte disturbance in which there is an abnormally low level of magnesium in the blood): 8 people, 8.89%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Lyrica and have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma?Check whether Non-hodgkin's lymphoma is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- de Landaluce, L. O., Carbonell, P., Asensio, C., Escoda, N., López, P., & Laporte, J. R. , "Gabapentin and Pregabalin and Risk of Atrial Fibrillation in the Elderly: A Population-Based Cohort Study in an Electronic Prescription Database", Drug safety, 2018 Jan .
- Kapoor A, Kumar V, Beniwal S, Dutta S, Goyal S, Kumar HS, "Posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: Not necessarily reversible!", Clinical Cancer Investigation Journal, 2015 Mar .
- Bonnet U, Taazimi B, Grabbe HD, "Pregabalin-Related Hypertriglyceridemia", Psychosomatics, 2014 Nov .
How severe was Non-hodgkin's lymphoma and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of pregabalin:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Lyrica:
- Lyrica (249,011 reports)
Common Lyrica side effects:
- Pain: 30,908 reports
- Drug ineffective: 25,036 reports
- Dizziness: 14,707 reports
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 13,952 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 13,177 reports
- Weight increased: 12,245 reports
Browse all side effects of Lyrica:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Non-hodgkin's lymphoma treatments and more:
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma (63,958 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Non-hodgkin's lymphoma:
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Non-hodgkin's lymphoma:
- Methotrexate: 2,119 reports
- Prednisone: 1,460 reports
- Cyclophosphamide: 1,438 reports
- Zantac: 979 reports
- Prednisolone: 956 reports
- Revlimid: 907 reports
- Humira: 892 reports
- Enbrel: 890 reports
- Azathioprine: 806 reports
- Remicade: 689 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Non-hodgkin's lymphoma:
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma (1,615 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Non-hodgkin's lymphoma:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,902 reports
- Indigestion: 460 reports
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease: 422 reports
- High blood pressure: 401 reports
- Crohn's disease: 342 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 287 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Non-hodgkin's lymphoma:
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma (1,217 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on pregabalin (the active ingredients of Lyrica) and Lyrica (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Ubidecarenone and Ranolazine drug interaction - a second ago
- Naproxen and Aredia drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Cilostazol and Ulcer Haemorrhage - 13 seconds ago
- Megace and Eating Disorder Symptom - 13 seconds ago
- Pitavastatin Calcium and Arrhythmias - 14 seconds ago
- Hepatitis C and Bursa Disorder - 39 seconds ago
- Spiriva and Arthropathy - 40 seconds ago
- Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods and Constipation - 44 seconds ago
- Emtricitabine and Atrial Fibrillation Aggravated - 48 seconds ago
- Cefazolin Sodium and Famotidine drug interaction - 53 seconds ago