Lyrica and Oedema peripheral - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Oedema peripheral is found among people who take Lyrica, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Lyrica and have Oedema peripheral. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 243,378 people who have side effects when taking Lyrica from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
243,378 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica.
Among them, 5,499 people (2.26%) have Oedema peripheral.
What is Lyrica?
Lyrica has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia. eHealthMe is studying from 249,053 Lyrica users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Oedema peripheral?
Oedema peripheral (superficial swelling) is found to be associated with 3,603 drugs and 3,400 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Lyrica and Oedema peripheral reports submitted per year:
Time on Lyrica when people have Oedema peripheral *:
Gender of people who have Oedema peripheral when taking Lyrica*:
Age of people who have Oedema peripheral when taking Lyrica *:
Common drugs people take besides Lyrica *:
Common side effects people have besides Oedema peripheral *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Lyrica and have Oedema peripheral?Check whether Oedema peripheral is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- de Landaluce, L. O., Carbonell, P., Asensio, C., Escoda, N., López, P., & Laporte, J. R. , "Gabapentin and Pregabalin and Risk of Atrial Fibrillation in the Elderly: A Population-Based Cohort Study in an Electronic Prescription Database", Drug safety, 2018 Jan .
- Bonnet U, Taazimi B, Grabbe HD, "Pregabalin-Related Hypertriglyceridemia", Psychosomatics, 2014 Nov .
How severe was Oedema peripheral and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of pregabalin:
- Oedema peripheral and drugs with ingredients of pregabalin (6,008 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Lyrica:
- Lyrica (249,053 reports)
Common Lyrica side effects:
- Pain: 30,908 reports
- Drug ineffective: 25,036 reports
- Dizziness: 14,707 reports
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 13,952 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 13,177 reports
- Weight increased: 12,245 reports
Browse all side effects of Lyrica:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Oedema peripheral treatments and more:
- Oedema peripheral (158,983 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Oedema peripheral:
- Oedema peripheral in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Oedema peripheral in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Oedema peripheral in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Oedema peripheral:
- Aspirin: 9,679 reports
- Prednisone: 9,651 reports
- Lasix: 9,060 reports
- Furosemide: 8,501 reports
- Enbrel: 6,208 reports
- Methotrexate: 5,868 reports
- Humira: 5,853 reports
- Amlodipine: 5,576 reports
- Lyrica: 5,499 reports
- Metformin: 5,066 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Oedema peripheral:
- Oedema peripheral (3,603 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Oedema peripheral:
- High blood pressure: 10,901 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 9,825 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 7,964 reports
- Pain: 6,039 reports
- Osteoporosis: 5,018 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 4,416 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Oedema peripheral:
- Oedema peripheral (3,400 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on pregabalin (the active ingredients of Lyrica) and Lyrica (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Inderal and Aldactone drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Benadryl and Sublocade drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Divalproex Sodium and Nightmares - 19 seconds ago
- Gammagard and Desonide drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Protopic and Combivent Respimat drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Tranexamic Acid and Yaz drug interaction - 28 seconds ago
- Losartan Potassium vs. Calan - 28 seconds ago
- Eye Infection and drugs of ingredients of peppermint - 30 seconds ago
- Luvox and Pravastatin Sodium drug interaction - 34 seconds ago
- Zomig and Activities Of Daily Living Impaired - 42 seconds ago