Lyrica and Serum ferritin increased - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 250,740 people who have side effects when taking Lyrica. Serum ferritin increased is found, especially among people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Celebrex and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Lyrica and have Serum ferritin increased. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
250,740 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica.
Among them, 30 people (0.01%) have Serum ferritin increased.
What is Lyrica?
Lyrica has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is used in fibromyalgia. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 256,479 Lyrica users.
What is Serum ferritin increased?
Serum ferritin increased is found to be associated with 1,172 drugs and 797 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 7,259 people who have Serum ferritin increased.
Number of Lyrica and Serum ferritin increased reports submitted per year:
Time on Lyrica when people have Serum ferritin increased *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 25 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 25 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Serum ferritin increased when taking Lyrica *:
- female: 43.33 %
- male: 56.67 %
Age of people who have Serum ferritin increased when taking Lyrica *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 4 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 20 %
- 50-59: 24 %
- 60+: 52 %
Common drugs people take besides Lyrica *:
- Zometa: 9 people, 30.00%
- Lasix: 9 people, 30.00%
- Aredia: 9 people, 30.00%
- Celebrex: 9 people, 30.00%
- Lovenox: 8 people, 26.67%
- Vioxx: 8 people, 26.67%
- Percocet: 8 people, 26.67%
- Vancomycin: 8 people, 26.67%
- Valtrex: 8 people, 26.67%
- Oxycontin: 8 people, 26.67%
Common side effects people have besides Serum ferritin increased *:
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 10 people, 33.33%
- Stress And Anxiety: 10 people, 33.33%
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 9 people, 30.00%
- Hypokalemia (low potassium): 9 people, 30.00%
- Pneumonia: 9 people, 30.00%
- Diabetes: 8 people, 26.67%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 8 people, 26.67%
- Bone Disorder: 8 people, 26.67%
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 8 people, 26.67%
- General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status): 8 people, 26.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 10.00%
- Back Pain: 3 people, 10.00%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 3 people, 10.00%
- Iron Overload: 3 people, 10.00%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 3 people, 10.00%
- Hyperphosphataemia (electrolyte disturbance in which there is an abnormally elevated level of phosphate in the blood): 2 people, 6.67%
- Primary Myelofibrosis (primary disorder of the bone marrow): 2 people, 6.67%
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome (a group of conditions that occur when the blood-forming cells in the bone marrow are damaged): 2 people, 6.67%
- Asthma: 1 person, 3.33%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 1 person, 3.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Lyrica and have Serum ferritin increased?Check whether Serum ferritin increased is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- de Landaluce, L. O., Carbonell, P., Asensio, C., Escoda, N., López, P., & Laporte, J. R. , "Gabapentin and Pregabalin and Risk of Atrial Fibrillation in the Elderly: A Population-Based Cohort Study in an Electronic Prescription Database", Drug safety, 2018 Jan .
- Bonnet U, Taazimi B, Grabbe HD, "Pregabalin-Related Hypertriglyceridemia", Psychosomatics, 2014 Nov .
Lyrica side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Lyrica side effects (256,479 reports)
Serum ferritin increased treatments and more:
- Serum ferritin increased (7,259 reports)
Common drugs associated with Serum ferritin increased:
- Exjade: 1,725 reports
- Prednisone: 366 reports
- Methotrexate: 282 reports
- Allopurinol: 272 reports
- Folic acid: 272 reports
- Aspirin: 265 reports
- Prednisolone: 258 reports
- Desferal: 254 reports
- Omeprazole: 242 reports
- Soliris: 221 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Serum ferritin increased:
- Serum ferritin increased (1,172 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Serum ferritin increased:
- High blood pressure: 259 reports
- Primary myelofibrosis: 229 reports
- Pain: 166 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 145 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Serum ferritin increased:
- Serum ferritin increased (797 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on pregabalin (the active ingredients of Lyrica) and Lyrica (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Perjeta and Nasalcrom drug interaction - a second ago
- Rebetol and Clonazepam drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Hytone and Zithromax drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Vfend and Acute Graft Versus Host Disease In Intestine - 10 seconds ago
- Rosuvastatin Calcium and Axiron drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Miralax and Diuril drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Praluent and Pitavastatin drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Omeprazole and Traumatic Injury Of The Bladder And Urethra - 17 seconds ago
- Daypro and Glimepiride drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Rozlytrek and Muscle Weakness Aggravated - 28 seconds ago