Who have Sudden death with Lyrica - from FDA reports
Sudden death is found among people who take Lyrica, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Multiple myeloma. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 161,452 people who have side effects when taking Lyrica from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
161,452 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica.
Among them, 2,604 people (1.61%) have Sudden death
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lyrica when people have Sudden death *:
- < 1 month: 53.48 %
- 1 - 6 months: 16.58 %
- 6 - 12 months: 10.7 %
- 1 - 2 years: 10.7 %
- 2 - 5 years: 8.56 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Sudden death when taking Lyrica *:
- female: 52.66 %
- male: 47.34 %
Age of people who have Sudden death when taking Lyrica *:
- 0-1: 0.24 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.02 %
- 20-29: 1.5 %
- 30-39: 4.55 %
- 40-49: 9.71 %
- 50-59: 16.9 %
- 60+: 66.09 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 181 people, 6.95%
- High Blood Pressure: 106 people, 4.07%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 100 people, 3.84%
- Diabetes: 66 people, 2.53%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 63 people, 2.42%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix: 162 people, 6.22%
- Nexium: 153 people, 5.88%
- Cymbalta: 147 people, 5.65%
- Revlimid: 140 people, 5.38%
- Oxycontin: 130 people, 4.99%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty: 172 people, 6.61%
- Weakness: 146 people, 5.61%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 127 people, 4.88%
- Stress And Anxiety: 115 people, 4.42%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 113 people, 4.34%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Sudden death while taking Lyrica?
You are not alone:
Lyrica has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia. (latest outcomes from Lyrica 166,210 users)
Sudden death has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, primary pulmonary hypertension, pain, chronic myeloid leukaemia, diabetes (latest reports from 472,046 Sudden death patients).
Drugs that are associated with Sudden deathSudden death (3,482 drugs)
Could your condition cause Sudden deathSudden death (3,574 conditions)
Lyrica side effects
- Lyrica side effects (161,534 reports)
Browse all side effects of Lyricaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Bonnet U, Taazimi B, Grabbe HD, "Pregabalin-Related Hypertriglyceridemia", Psychosomatics, 2014 Nov .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Rash with Wellbutrin? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Ocular Hypertension with Milk Of Magnesia? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Pain Relief By Acupuncture with Moviprep? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Pain Relief with Moviprep? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Pain Management with Moviprep? - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 20 year old woman who takes Xolair, Nexplanon - 50 minutes ago
- A study for a 41 year old woman who takes Lexapro - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 58 year old man who takes Maxide, Amlodipine, Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Aspirin - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 51 year old man who takes Dulera, Bayer Low Dose Aspirin (81mg Aspirin), Plavix, Cozaar, Lipitor, Thalitone - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 49 year old man who takes Wellbutrin Xl - 5 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.