Macitentan and Primary pulmonary hypertension - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Primary pulmonary hypertension is found among people who take Macitentan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Macitentan and have Primary pulmonary hypertension. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,355 people who have side effects when taking Macitentan from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
6,355 people reported to have side effects when taking Macitentan.
Among them, 356 people (5.6%) have Primary pulmonary hypertension.
What is Macitentan?
Macitentan has active ingredients of macitentan. eHealthMe is studying from 6,358 Macitentan users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Primary pulmonary hypertension?
Primary pulmonary hypertension (primary high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the right side of your heart) is found to be associated with 1,239 drugs and 758 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Macitentan and Primary pulmonary hypertension reports submitted per year:
Time on Macitentan when people have Primary pulmonary hypertension *:
Gender of people who have Primary pulmonary hypertension when taking Macitentan*:
Age of people who have Primary pulmonary hypertension when taking Macitentan *:
Common drugs people take besides Macitentan *:
Common side effects people have besides Primary pulmonary hypertension *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Macitentan and have Primary pulmonary hypertension?Check whether Primary pulmonary hypertension is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Primary pulmonary hypertension and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of macitentan:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Macitentan:
- Macitentan (6,358 reports)
Common Macitentan side effects:
- Breathing difficulty: 1,014 reports
- Death: 744 reports
- Pneumonia: 585 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 475 reports
- Diarrhea: 399 reports
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 385 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension (primary high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the right side of your heart): 356 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 344 reports
- Fluid retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood): 343 reports
Browse all side effects of Macitentan:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Primary pulmonary hypertension treatments and more:
- Primary pulmonary hypertension (200,570 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Primary pulmonary hypertension:
- Primary pulmonary hypertension in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Primary pulmonary hypertension in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Primary pulmonary hypertension in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Primary pulmonary hypertension:
- Opsumit: 3,418 reports
- Tracleer: 2,554 reports
- Adcirca: 2,497 reports
- Remodulin: 2,441 reports
- Ambrisentan: 1,812 reports
- Revatio: 1,789 reports
- Letairis: 1,758 reports
- Uptravi: 1,649 reports
- Tyvaso: 1,350 reports
- Veletri: 1,316 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Primary pulmonary hypertension:
- Primary pulmonary hypertension (1,239 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Primary pulmonary hypertension:
- High blood pressure: 254 reports
- Depression: 155 reports
- Systemic sclerosis (scleroderma): 148 reports
- Diabetes: 141 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Primary pulmonary hypertension:
- Primary pulmonary hypertension (758 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on macitentan (the active ingredients of Macitentan) and Macitentan (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Arthropod Sting and Cough - 2 seconds ago
- Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3 and Muscle Tightness - 4 seconds ago
- Benicar and Loss Of Control Of Legs - 5 seconds ago
- Biotin and Topamax drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Testicular Atrophy and drugs of ingredients of emtricitabine; tenofovir disoproxil fumarate - 9 seconds ago
- Robitussin and Memory Loss - 9 seconds ago
- Baclofen and Aspirin drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Vioxx and Jock Itch - 11 seconds ago
- Captopril and Potter'S Syndrome - 11 seconds ago
- Amifostine and Synovial Cyst - 12 seconds ago