Macrobid and Septic shock - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 7,986 people who have side effects when taking Macrobid. Septic shock is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Tylenol and have Multiple myeloma.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Macrobid and have Septic shock. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
7,986 people reported to have side effects when taking Macrobid.
Among them, 26 people (0.33%) have Septic shock.
What is Macrobid?
Macrobid has active ingredients of nitrofurantoin; nitrofurantoin, macrocrystalline. It is used in urinary tract infection. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 8,854 Macrobid users.
What is Septic shock?
Septic shock (shock due to blood infection) is found to be associated with 2,802 drugs and 3,181 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 48,150 people who have Septic shock.
Number of Macrobid and Septic shock reports submitted per year:
Time on Macrobid when people have Septic shock *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Septic shock when taking Macrobid *:
- female: 78.26 %
- male: 21.74 %
Age of people who have Septic shock when taking Macrobid *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 9.52 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 4.76 %
- 40-49: 4.76 %
- 50-59: 23.81 %
- 60+: 57.14 %
Common drugs people take besides Macrobid *:
- Tylenol: 7 people, 26.92%
- Lasix: 6 people, 23.08%
- Aspirin: 5 people, 19.23%
- Morphine: 4 people, 15.38%
- Singulair: 4 people, 15.38%
- Colace: 4 people, 15.38%
- Lisinopril: 4 people, 15.38%
- Prednisone: 4 people, 15.38%
- Zantac: 4 people, 15.38%
- Neurontin: 4 people, 15.38%
Common side effects people have besides Septic shock *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 6 people, 23.08%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 6 people, 23.08%
- Renal Tubular Necrosis (death of kidney tubules): 5 people, 19.23%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 5 people, 19.23%
- Respiratory Acidosis (respiratory failure or ventilatory failure, causes the ph of blood and other bodily fluids to decrease): 5 people, 19.23%
- Encephalopathy (functioning of the brain is affected by some agent or condition): 5 people, 19.23%
- Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death): 5 people, 19.23%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 4 people, 15.38%
- Fainting (loss of consciousness and postural tone): 4 people, 15.38%
- Dizziness: 4 people, 15.38%
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 4 people, 15.38%
- Stress And Anxiety: 3 people, 11.54%
- Pain: 3 people, 11.54%
- Urosepsis (secondary infection that occurs when a urinary tract infection spreads to the bloodstream): 2 people, 7.69%
- Constipation: 2 people, 7.69%
- Hypersensitivity: 2 people, 7.69%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 2 people, 7.69%
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 7.69%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 2 people, 7.69%
- Oral Discharge: 2 people, 7.69%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Macrobid and have Septic shock?Check whether Septic shock is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Macrobid side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Macrobid side effects (8,854 reports)
Septic shock treatments and more:
- Septic shock (48,150 reports)
Common drugs associated with Septic shock:
- Prednisone: 5,030 reports
- Methotrexate: 3,597 reports
- Cyclophosphamide: 2,894 reports
- Prednisolone: 2,315 reports
- Cytarabine: 2,057 reports
- Furosemide: 2,019 reports
- Aspirin: 1,918 reports
- Dexamethasone: 1,855 reports
- Omeprazole: 1,782 reports
- Pantoprazole: 1,613 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Septic shock:
- Septic shock (2,802 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Septic shock:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 2,681 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 2,322 reports
- High blood pressure: 2,313 reports
- Pain: 1,422 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Septic shock:
- Septic shock (3,181 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on nitrofurantoin; nitrofurantoin, macrocrystalline (the active ingredients of Macrobid) and Macrobid (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Xanax and Tikosyn drug interaction - now
- Vascepa and Torticollis - a second ago
- Glycolax and Pramipexole Dihydrochloride drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Rabeprazole and Indomethacin Sodium drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Myfortic and Talwin drug interaction - 37 seconds ago
- Temaz and Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride drug interaction - 39 seconds ago
- Pregnyl and Doxycycline drug interaction - 46 seconds ago
- Axid and Permax drug interaction - 47 seconds ago
- Minocin and Diverticulum - 49 seconds ago
- Toprol-Xl and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder - 52 seconds ago