Macrodantin and Acute respiratory failure - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 3,481 people who have side effects when taking Macrodantin. Acute respiratory failure is found, especially among people who are male, 50-59 old, also take Diazepam and have Lennox-gastaut syndrome.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Macrodantin and have Acute respiratory failure. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
3,481 people reported to have side effects when taking Macrodantin.
Among them, 12 people (0.34%) have Acute respiratory failure.
What is Macrodantin?
Macrodantin has active ingredients of nitrofurantoin, macrocrystalline. It is used in urinary tract infection. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 3,667 Macrodantin users.
What is Acute respiratory failure?
Acute respiratory failure is found to be associated with 2,030 drugs and 1,527 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 19,818 people who have Acute respiratory failure.
Number of Macrodantin and Acute respiratory failure reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Acute respiratory failure when taking Macrodantin *:
- female: 27.27 %
- male: 72.73 %
Age of people who have Acute respiratory failure when taking Macrodantin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 36.36 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 36.36 %
- 60+: 27.27 %
Common drugs people take besides Macrodantin *:
- Diazepam: 6 people, 50.00%
- Acetaminophen: 4 people, 33.33%
- Sodium Chloride: 4 people, 33.33%
- Clobazam: 4 people, 33.33%
- Clonidine: 4 people, 33.33%
- Crestor: 4 people, 33.33%
- Epidiolex: 4 people, 33.33%
- Epinephrine: 4 people, 33.33%
- Fish Oil: 4 people, 33.33%
- Mirtazapine: 4 people, 33.33%
Common side effects people have besides Acute respiratory failure *:
- Pneumonia: 9 people, 75.00%
- Viral Infection: 5 people, 41.67%
- Fever: 4 people, 33.33%
- Respiration Abnormal (abnormal breathing process): 4 people, 33.33%
- Respiratory Tract Infection: 4 people, 33.33%
- Gastritis (inflammation of stomach): 4 people, 33.33%
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain): 4 people, 33.33%
- Biliary Tract Disorder: 4 people, 33.33%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 2 people, 16.67%
- Urinary Tract Obstruction: 2 people, 16.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome (epilepsy characterized by frequent seizures and different seizure types): 4 people, 33.33%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 2 people, 16.67%
- Neuralgia (pain in one or more nerves): 2 people, 16.67%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 2 people, 16.67%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 2 people, 16.67%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 2 people, 16.67%
- Diabetes: 2 people, 16.67%
- Weight Loss: 1 person, 8.33%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 1 person, 8.33%
- Respiratory Disorder (respiratory disease): 1 person, 8.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Macrodantin and have Acute respiratory failure?Check whether Acute respiratory failure is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Macrodantin side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Macrodantin side effects (3,667 reports)
Acute respiratory failure treatments and more:
- Acute respiratory failure (19,818 reports)
Common drugs associated with Acute respiratory failure:
- Prednisone: 1,657 reports
- Aspirin: 1,476 reports
- Furosemide: 1,216 reports
- Lasix: 1,154 reports
- Albuterol: 936 reports
- Omeprazole: 905 reports
- Pantoprazole: 824 reports
- Amlodipine: 814 reports
- Metformin: 784 reports
- Lisinopril: 773 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Acute respiratory failure:
- Acute respiratory failure (2,030 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Acute respiratory failure:
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 1,293 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,003 reports
- Pain: 815 reports
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 788 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 646 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 501 reports
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: 445 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Acute respiratory failure:
- Acute respiratory failure (1,527 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on nitrofurantoin, macrocrystalline (the active ingredients of Macrodantin) and Macrodantin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide and Zofran drug interaction - now
- Plavix and Dry Eyes - 13 seconds ago
- Mirtazapine and Mozobil drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Tamiflu and Hand Fracture - 23 seconds ago
- Prilosec and Calcium Metabolism Disorder - 35 seconds ago
- Chondroitin and Insomnia - 40 seconds ago
- Risperidone and Fluphenazine Decanoate drug interaction - 43 seconds ago
- Veetids and Effexor drug interaction - 53 seconds ago
- Inderal and Savella drug interaction - 57 seconds ago
- Hydrocortisone and Lovaza drug interaction - 59 seconds ago