Magnesium citrate and Respiration slowed or stopped - from FDA reports
Respiration slowed or stopped is found among people who take Magnesium citrate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Colace, and have Chemotherapy. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,713 people who have side effects when taking Magnesium citrate from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
1,713 people reported to have side effects when taking Magnesium citrate.
Among them, 6 people (0.35%) have Respiration slowed or stopped
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Magnesium citrate when people have Respiration slowed or stopped *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Respiration slowed or stopped when taking Magnesium citrate *:
- female: 16.67 %
- male: 83.33 %
Age of people who have Respiration slowed or stopped when taking Magnesium citrate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Chemotherapy: 2 people, 33.33%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1 person, 16.67%
- Colonoscopy: 1 person, 16.67%
- Breast Cancer: 1 person, 16.67%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 1 person, 16.67%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xanax: 3 people, 50.00%
- Folic Acid: 3 people, 50.00%
- Lunesta: 3 people, 50.00%
- Lorazepam: 3 people, 50.00%
- Colace: 3 people, 50.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Cardio-Respiratory Arrest (sudden dysfunction of heart and lungs): 4 people, 66.67%
- Loss Of Consciousness: 3 people, 50.00%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 3 people, 50.00%
- Transitional Cell Carcinoma (cancer tumour inner most layer of urinary system): 2 people, 33.33%
- Pneumonia: 2 people, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Respiration slowed or stopped while taking Magnesium citrate?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Respiration slowed or stopped
- Subscribe to monitor Respiration slowed or stopped in Magnesium citrate
You are not alone:
Magnesium citrate has active ingredients of magnesium. It is often used in constipation. (latest outcomes from Magnesium citrate 1,871 users)
Respiration slowed or stopped
Respiration slowed or stopped (slow or stopped breathing) has been reported by people with pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 24,481 Respiration slowed or stopped patients).
Drugs that are associated with Respiration slowed or stoppedRespiration slowed or stopped (1,769 drugs)
Could your condition cause Respiration slowed or stoppedRespiration slowed or stopped (1,590 conditions)
Magnesium citrate side effects
- Magnesium citrate side effects (1,714 reports)
Browse all side effects of Magnesium citratea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Shock Lung with Diprivan? - now
- Will you have Non-Cardiogenic Pulmonary Edema with Diprivan? - now
- Will you have Increased-Permeability Pulmonary Edema with Diprivan? - now
- Will you have Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome with Diprivan? - now
- Will you have Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome with Diprivan? - now
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 34 year old woman who takes Ritalin, Concerta - 10 minutes ago
- A study for a 58 year old man who takes Morphine Sulfate, Gabapentin - 37 minutes ago
- A study for a 21 year old man who takes Xanax - an hour ago
- A study for a 53 year old man who takes Klonopin, Trintellix - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 30 year old woman who takes Zoloft, Suboxone - 2 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.