Magnesium and Lip ulceration - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Lip ulceration is found among people who take Magnesium, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Magnesium and have Lip ulceration. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 85,879 people who have side effects when taking Magnesium from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
85,879 people reported to have side effects when taking Magnesium.
Among them, 14 people (0.02%) have Lip ulceration.
What is Magnesium?
Magnesium has active ingredients of magnesium. It is often used in constipation. eHealthMe is studying from 88,643 Magnesium users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Lip ulceration?
Lip ulceration (ulcer of lip) is found to be associated with 628 drugs and 283 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Magnesium and Lip ulceration reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Lip ulceration when taking Magnesium *:
- female: 41.67 %
- male: 58.33 %
Age of people who have Lip ulceration when taking Magnesium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Magnesium *:
- Lasix: 9 people, 64.29%
- Aldactone: 8 people, 57.14%
- Fluorouracil: 8 people, 57.14%
- Urso 250: 8 people, 57.14%
- Prednisolone: 7 people, 50.00%
- Irinotecan Hydrochloride: 4 people, 28.57%
- Lansoprazole: 4 people, 28.57%
- Ursodiol: 3 people, 21.43%
- Furosemide: 3 people, 21.43%
- Plavix: 3 people, 21.43%
Common side effects people have besides Lip ulceration *:
- Mouth Ulcers: 12 people, 85.71%
- White Blood Cell Count Decreased: 8 people, 57.14%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 6 people, 42.86%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 5 people, 35.71%
- Spinal Compression Fracture (fracture due to spinal compression on bone): 4 people, 28.57%
- Blister (small pocket of fluid within the upper layers of the skin caused by forceful rubbing (friction), burning, freezing, chemical exposure): 4 people, 28.57%
- Joint Swelling: 3 people, 21.43%
- Fever: 3 people, 21.43%
- Peripheral Swelling: 3 people, 21.43%
- Hiatal Hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm): 3 people, 21.43%
Common conditions people have *:
- Colon Cancer: 8 people, 57.14%
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (cancer in which the bone marrow makes too many lymphocytes (a type of white blood cell)): 3 people, 21.43%
- Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood): 2 people, 14.29%
- Blood Uric Acid Increased: 1 person, 7.14%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Magnesium and have Lip ulceration?Check whether Lip ulceration is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Lip ulceration and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of magnesium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Magnesium:
- Magnesium (88,643 reports)
Common Magnesium side effects:
Browse all side effects of Magnesium:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Lip ulceration treatments and more:
- Lip ulceration (1,454 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Lip ulceration:
- Lip ulceration in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Lip ulceration in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Lip ulceration in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Lip ulceration:
- Enbrel: 152 reports
- Humira: 153 reports
- Methotrexate: 253 reports
- Prednisone: 153 reports
- Remicade: 140 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Lip ulceration:
- Lip ulceration (628 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Lip ulceration:
- Lip ulceration (283 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on magnesium (the active ingredients of Magnesium) and Magnesium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Allopurinol and Multiple Sclerosis - 9 seconds ago
- Risperidone and Derealisation - 15 seconds ago
- Santyl and Common Peroneal Nerve Dysfunction - 16 seconds ago
- Humira and Pancreatic Duct Obstruction - 31 seconds ago
- Levophed and Skin Necrosis - 38 seconds ago
- Nitro-Bid and Lyrica drug interaction - 40 seconds ago
- Ganciclovir and Cytomegalovirus Antibody Positive - 43 seconds ago
- Zinbryta and Pantoprazole drug interaction - 59 seconds ago
- Buprenorphine and Levaquin drug interaction - a minute ago
- Spiriva and Collapse Of Lung - a minute ago