Marijuana and Hypertension - from FDA reports
Hypertension is found among people who take Marijuana, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have Fibromyalgia. This review analyzes which people have Hypertension with Marijuana. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,634 people who have side effects when taking Marijuana from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jan, 05, 2018
2,634 people reported to have side effects when taking Marijuana.
Among them, 68 people (2.58%) have Hypertension
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Marijuana when people have Hypertension *:
- < 1 month: 60 %
- 1 - 6 months: 40 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hypertension when taking Marijuana *:
- female: 56.25 %
- male: 43.75 %
Age of people who have Hypertension when taking Marijuana *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 8.62 %
- 20-29: 8.62 %
- 30-39: 10.34 %
- 40-49: 18.97 %
- 50-59: 37.93 %
- 60+: 15.52 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Fibromyalgia (10 people, 14.71%)
- Breast Cancer (8 people, 11.76%)
- Neuropathy Peripheral (7 people, 10.29%)
- Multiple Myeloma (7 people, 10.29%)
- Agranulocytosis (7 people, 10.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Neurontin (22 people, 32.35%)
- Vicodin (20 people, 29.41%)
- Ativan (19 people, 27.94%)
- Percocet (18 people, 26.47%)
- Oxycontin (17 people, 25.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (22 people, 32.35%)
- Fatigue (19 people, 27.94%)
- Weight Decreased (18 people, 26.47%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (18 people, 26.47%)
- Depression (18 people, 26.47%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Hypertension when taking Marijuana?
- Check symptoms - is hypertension caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHypertension and drugs with ingredients of marijuana.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHypertension and Marijuana from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Marijuana has active ingredients of marijuana. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Marijuana 3,295 users)
Hypertension (high blood pressure) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, depression (latest reports from 541,355 Hypertension patients).
Browse all side effects of Marijuanaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HypertensionHypertension
Could your condition cause HypertensionHypertension
Related publications that referenced our studies
- AbuRagheif MH, "The electrophysiological recording of the carpal tunnel syndrome exaggerated in the hypertensive patients", Iraq Medical Journal, 2017 Oct .
- Lai SW, Lin HF, Lin CL, Liao KF, "No association between losartan use and acute pancreatitis in hypertensive patients", Eur J Hosp Pharm, 2017 Mar .
- Guo K, Lin H, Xu B, Yang Z, Wang J, Sun Y, Xu K, "Detecting Potential Adverse Drug Reactions Using Association Rules and Embedding Models", InInternational Symposium on Bioinformatics Research and Applications, 2017 May .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User posts to the study
Hi I'm taking Miralax daily , doctor prescribed and I am seeing an increase in my blood pressure. I am active and I used to have very low pressure such as 107/66- 118/72. The other night I took my blood pressure and it was 158/94, i was shocked. I've taken Miralax daily for about 7 months. ...