Marijuana and Hypothyroid - from FDA reports
Hypothyroid is found among people who take Marijuana, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old also take medication Femara, and have Breast cancer metastatic. This review analyzes which people have Hypothyroid with Marijuana. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,634 people who have side effects when taking Marijuana from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 20, 2017
2,634 people reported to have side effects when taking Marijuana.
Among them, 10 people (0.38%) have Hypothyroid
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hypothyroid when taking Marijuana *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Hypothyroid when taking Marijuana *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 14.29 %
- 40-49: 71.43 %
- 50-59: 14.29 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (9 people, 90.00%)
- Breast Cancer Metastatic (9 people, 90.00%)
- Hepatitis C (1 person, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zyrtec (9 people, 90.00%)
- Wellbutrin Xl (9 people, 90.00%)
- Nasacort (9 people, 90.00%)
- Gabapentin (9 people, 90.00%)
- Femara (9 people, 90.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Urination - Painful (9 people, 90.00%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (9 people, 90.00%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (9 people, 90.00%)
- Constipation (9 people, 90.00%)
- Chills (9 people, 90.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Hypothyroid when taking Marijuana?
- Check symptoms - is hypothyroid caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHypothyroid and drugs with ingredients of marijuana.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHypothyroid and Marijuana from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Marijuana has active ingredients of marijuana. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Marijuana 3,295 users)
Hypothyroid has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, hypothyroidism, osteopenia, depression (latest reports from 85,743 Hypothyroid patients).
Browse all side effects of Marijuanaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HypothyroidHypothyroid
Could your condition cause HypothyroidHypothyroid
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have VA service connected disability for hypothyroidism caused by radiation therapy to treat vocal cord cancer 15 years ago. Residual of Vocal Cord cancer also service connected from exposure to Agent Orange in Vietnam. 12 months ago I had Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion of 4 ...
My wife survived a brain aneurysm several years ago. She also suffers from chronic pain do to injuries in a car accident 40 years ago. With the "oupioid crisis" no doctor will continue to prescribe pain medication. Is it safe for her to use medical marijuana?
User posts to the study
Hi. I am new to this group. I had to have both lobes of my thyroid removed many years ago. Of course was put on Synyroid for replacement and thought I would never feel well. Finally after years of tears and complaining I was put on Armour Thyroid and I really believe that I wouldn't be here if I ...