Who have Death with Marinol - from FDA reports
Death is found among people who take Marinol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zofran, and have Breast cancer. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,349 people who have side effects when taking Marinol from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
3,349 people reported to have side effects when taking Marinol.
Among them, 236 people (7.05%) have Death
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Marinol when people have Death *:
- < 1 month: 78.57 %
- 1 - 6 months: 14.29 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 7.14 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Death when taking Marinol *:
- female: 51.29 %
- male: 48.71 %
Age of people who have Death when taking Marinol *:
- 0-1: 0.58 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.33 %
- 20-29: 1.16 %
- 30-39: 3.49 %
- 40-49: 18.02 %
- 50-59: 12.79 %
- 60+: 61.63 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Breast Cancer: 18 people, 7.63%
- Lung Neoplasm Malignant (cancer tumour of lung): 17 people, 7.20%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 16 people, 6.78%
- Fungal Infection: 11 people, 4.66%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 11 people, 4.66%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 10 people, 4.24%
- Renal Cell Carcinoma (a kidney cancer): 9 people, 3.81%
- Back Pain: 8 people, 3.39%
- Breast Cancer Metastatic: 7 people, 2.97%
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (malignant (cancer) cells form in the lymph system): 7 people, 2.97%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zofran: 49 people, 20.76%
- Zometa: 39 people, 16.53%
- Oxycontin: 33 people, 13.98%
- Ambien: 33 people, 13.98%
- Avastin: 32 people, 13.56%
- Decadron: 30 people, 12.71%
- Compazine: 29 people, 12.29%
- Dilaudid: 26 people, 11.02%
- Lasix: 25 people, 10.59%
- Aranesp: 25 people, 10.59%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness: 47 people, 19.92%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 38 people, 16.10%
- Weight Decreased: 35 people, 14.83%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 33 people, 13.98%
- Dizziness: 32 people, 13.56%
- Fall: 30 people, 12.71%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 29 people, 12.29%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 29 people, 12.29%
- Back Pain: 29 people, 12.29%
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 28 people, 11.86%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Death while taking Marinol?
You are not alone:
Marinol has active ingredients of dronabinol. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Marinol 3,444 users)
Death has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, primary pulmonary hypertension, pain, chronic myeloid leukaemia, diabetes (latest reports from 484,550 Death patients).
Drugs that are associated with DeathDeath (3,548 drugs)
Could your condition cause DeathDeath (3,517 conditions)
Marinol side effects
- Marinol side effects (3,351 reports)
Browse by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Marinola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Aphthous Stomatitis with Amlodipine Besylate? - 2 seconds ago
- Actigall and Glucophage drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Obturator Hernia with Dibenzyline? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Faeces Discoloured with Tramadol Hydrochloride? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Faeces Discolored with Tramadol Hydrochloride? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Hypotension with Procedural Haemorrhage? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Blood Pressure Decreased with Procedural Haemorrhage? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Low Blood Pressure with Procedural Haemorrhage? - 4 seconds ago
- Tramadol and Vivitrol drug interactions for women aged 40-49 - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Numbness And Tingling with Raptiva? - 11 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- Prediction of Codeine Sulfate for a 68 year old man - 18 minutes ago
- A study for a 24 year old woman who takes Claravis - 48 minutes ago
- A study for a 29 year old woman who takes Plavix, Innohep, Citalopram Hydrobromide - an hour ago
- A study for a 33 year old man who takes Lithium Carbonate, Zolpidem Tartrate, Zoloft, Minipress, Seroquel - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 53 year old man who takes Alprazolam, Ambien, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Zyrtec - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 72 year old man who takes Nifedipine, Tamsulosin Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Myrbetriq, Metoprolol Tartrate, Enalapril Maleate, Baclofen - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 40 year old man who takes Vyvanse, Lamictal - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 73 year old woman who takes Claritin-d 24 Hour - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 56 year old man who takes Brilinta - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 46 year old man who takes Curcuminoids, Ranitidine, Atorvastatin Calcium, Bayer Low Dose Aspirin (81mg Aspirin) - 11 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.