Mavik and Haemorrhoids aggravated - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 3,022 people who have side effects when taking Mavik. Haemorrhoids aggravated is found, especially among people who are male, 60+ old, also take Atrovent and have Intervertebral disc degeneration.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Mavik and have Haemorrhoids aggravated. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
3,022 people reported to have side effects when taking Mavik.
Among them, 19 people (0.63%) have Haemorrhoids aggravated.
What is Mavik?
Mavik has active ingredients of trandolapril. It is used in high blood pressure. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 3,096 Mavik users.
What is Haemorrhoids aggravated?
Haemorrhoids aggravated (a serious swollen vein or group of veins in the region of the anus) is found to be associated with 1,600 drugs and 370 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 28 people who have Haemorrhoids aggravated.
Number of Mavik and Haemorrhoids aggravated reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Haemorrhoids aggravated when taking Mavik *:
- female: 13.33 %
- male: 86.67 %
Age of people who have Haemorrhoids aggravated when taking Mavik *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 20 %
- 60+: 80 %
Common drugs people take besides Mavik *:
- Celebrex: 11 people, 57.89%
- Vioxx: 11 people, 57.89%
- Hydrodiuril: 11 people, 57.89%
- Atrovent: 11 people, 57.89%
- Advair Hfa: 5 people, 26.32%
- Albuterol: 5 people, 26.32%
- Folic Acid: 4 people, 21.05%
- Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride: 3 people, 15.79%
- Methotrexate: 3 people, 15.79%
- Methylprednisolone: 3 people, 15.79%
Common side effects people have besides Haemorrhoids aggravated *:
- Rectal Haemorrhage (bleeding from anus): 11 people, 57.89%
- Nosebleed (bleeding from nose): 11 people, 57.89%
- Prostate Cancer: 11 people, 57.89%
- Rectal Polyp (fleshy growth occurring on the lining of the colon): 11 people, 57.89%
- Headache (pain in head): 11 people, 57.89%
- Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage (bleeding gastrointestinal tract): 11 people, 57.89%
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 9 people, 47.37%
- Bladder Obstruction: 9 people, 47.37%
- Dizziness: 9 people, 47.37%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 9 people, 47.37%
Common conditions people have *:
- Intervertebral Disc Degeneration (spinal disc degeneration): 9 people, 47.37%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 5 people, 26.32%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 5.26%
- Hepatitis C: 1 person, 5.26%
- Diabetes: 1 person, 5.26%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Mavik and have Haemorrhoids aggravated?Check whether Haemorrhoids aggravated is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Mavik side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Mavik side effects (3,096 reports)
Haemorrhoids aggravated treatments and more:
- Haemorrhoids aggravated (28 reports)
Common drugs associated with Haemorrhoids aggravated:
- Benicar: 2,944 reports
- Fosamax: 2,262 reports
- Prednisone: 1,976 reports
- Aspirin: 1,776 reports
- Accutane: 1,511 reports
- Humira: 1,470 reports
- Vioxx: 1,323 reports
- Zometa: 1,308 reports
- Synthroid: 1,140 reports
- Omeprazole: 1,120 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Haemorrhoids aggravated:
- Haemorrhoids aggravated (1,600 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Haemorrhoids aggravated:
- High blood pressure: 3,510 reports
- Osteoporosis: 1,865 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,106 reports
- Pain: 1,027 reports
- Crohn's disease: 1,023 reports
- Acne: 954 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Haemorrhoids aggravated:
- Haemorrhoids aggravated (370 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on trandolapril (the active ingredients of Mavik) and Mavik (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Desoxyn and Nucynta drug interaction - a second ago
- Nulojix and Prilosec drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Marijuana and Thyroid Diseases - 14 seconds ago
- Depo-Provera and Psoriasis - 17 seconds ago
- Protonix and Hyperglycaemic Hyperosmolar Nonketotic Syndrome - 22 seconds ago
- Oxycodone and Carbilev drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Cimzia and Diclofenac Sodium drug interaction - 44 seconds ago
- Clotrimazole and Spironolactone drug interaction - 54 seconds ago
- Hip and Flaxseed drug interaction - 57 seconds ago
- Trasylol and Thrombocytopenia - a minute ago