Maxitrol and Hair loss - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 900 people who have side effects when taking Maxitrol. Hair loss is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, also take Glucophage and have Diabetes.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Maxitrol and have Hair loss. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
900 people reported to have side effects when taking Maxitrol.
Among them, 16 people (1.78%) have Hair loss.
What is Maxitrol?
Maxitrol has active ingredients of dexamethasone; neomycin sulfate; polymyxin b sulfate. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 909 Maxitrol users.
What is Hair loss?
Hair loss is found to be associated with 3,956 drugs and 3,391 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 258,011 people who have Hair loss.
Number of Maxitrol and Hair loss reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Maxitrol *:
- female: 62.5 %
- male: 37.5 %
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Maxitrol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 25 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 25 %
- 60+: 50 %
Common drugs people take besides Maxitrol *:
- Prozac: 4 people, 25.00%
- Lyrica: 4 people, 25.00%
- Nexavar: 4 people, 25.00%
- Novorapid: 4 people, 25.00%
- Riboflavin: 4 people, 25.00%
- Pantoprazole: 4 people, 25.00%
- Glucophage: 4 people, 25.00%
- Diclofenac: 2 people, 12.50%
- Folic Acid: 2 people, 12.50%
- Elidel: 2 people, 12.50%
Common side effects people have besides Hair loss *:
- High Blood Pressure: 9 people, 56.25%
- Skin Exfoliation (removal of the oldest dead skin cells): 8 people, 50.00%
- Face Injury: 6 people, 37.50%
- Nasal Discomfort: 6 people, 37.50%
- Itching: 6 people, 37.50%
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 6 people, 37.50%
- Visual Impairment: 6 people, 37.50%
- Vision Blurred: 6 people, 37.50%
- Headache (pain in head): 6 people, 37.50%
- Breathing Difficulty: 6 people, 37.50%
Common conditions people have *:
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 4 people, 25.00%
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma (liver cancer): 4 people, 25.00%
- Diabetes: 4 people, 25.00%
- Swelling Face: 2 people, 12.50%
- Spinal Stenosis (narrowing of spinal column): 2 people, 12.50%
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 2 people, 12.50%
- Hypersensitivity: 2 people, 12.50%
- Dermatitis (inflammation of the skin resulting from direct irritation by an external agent or an allergic reaction to it): 2 people, 12.50%
- Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia (long lasting type of cancer that starts in the blood-forming cells of the bone marrow and invades the blood): 1 person, 6.25%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Maxitrol and have Hair loss?Check whether Hair loss is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lindsey SF, Tosti A, "Hair loss induced by tumor necrosis factor alpha inhibitors", J Clin Investigat Dermatol, 2015 Jan .
Maxitrol side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Maxitrol side effects (909 reports)
Hair loss treatments and more:
- Hair loss (258,011 reports)
Common drugs associated with Hair loss:
- Taxotere: 34,064 reports
- Docetaxel: 25,062 reports
- Methotrexate: 19,713 reports
- Humira: 14,833 reports
- Enbrel: 14,300 reports
- Prednisone: 13,908 reports
- Neosar: 11,976 reports
- Remicade: 10,226 reports
- Simponi: 9,850 reports
- Orencia: 9,671 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Hair loss:
- Hair loss (3,956 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hair loss:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 21,741 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 13,366 reports
- Breast cancer: 11,002 reports
- Chemotherapy: 8,910 reports
- High blood pressure: 5,484 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Hair loss:
- Hair loss (3,391 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on dexamethasone; neomycin sulfate; polymyxin b sulfate (the active ingredients of Maxitrol) and Maxitrol (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Librium and Levothyroxine Sodium drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Lyrica and Osphena drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Zetia and Vidaza drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Nizatidine and Probiotics drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Alphagan P and Sleep Apnea Syndrome - 26 seconds ago
- Fluconazole and Gastrointestinal Inflammation - 28 seconds ago
- Gliclazide and Leflunomide drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Prolia and Tooth Abscess - 36 seconds ago
- Zomig and Abdominal Pain - 50 seconds ago
- Tramadol and Calcium Gluconate drug interaction - 50 seconds ago