Maxolon and Anhedonia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Anhedonia is found among people who take Maxolon, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Maxolon and have Anhedonia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,836 people who have side effects when taking Maxolon from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
1,836 people reported to have side effects when taking Maxolon.
Among them, 7 people (0.38%) have Anhedonia.
What is Maxolon?
Maxolon has active ingredients of metoclopramide hydrochloride. It is often used in nausea. eHealthMe is studying from 1,831 Maxolon users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Anhedonia?
Anhedonia (inability to experience pleasure from activities usually found enjoyable) is found to be associated with 2,003 drugs and 1,170 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Maxolon and Anhedonia reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Anhedonia when taking Maxolon *:
- female: 28.57 %
- male: 71.43 %
Age of people who have Anhedonia when taking Maxolon *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 28.57 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 71.43 %
Common drugs people take besides Maxolon *:
- Trasylol: 5 people, 71.43%
- Temazepam: 5 people, 71.43%
- Propofol: 5 people, 71.43%
- Atenolol: 5 people, 71.43%
- Morphine: 5 people, 71.43%
- Avapro: 5 people, 71.43%
- Hytrin: 5 people, 71.43%
- Bactrim: 5 people, 71.43%
- Acetaminophen: 3 people, 42.86%
- Famotidine: 2 people, 28.57%
Common side effects people have besides Anhedonia *:
- Depression: 7 people, 100.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 5 people, 71.43%
- Pain: 5 people, 71.43%
- Mental Disorder (a psychological term for a mental or behavioural pattern or anomaly that causes distress or disability): 5 people, 71.43%
- Injury: 5 people, 71.43%
- Acute Kidney Failure: 5 people, 71.43%
- Fear: 5 people, 71.43%
- Emotional Disorder: 5 people, 71.43%
- Death: 4 people, 57.14%
- Abdominal Pain: 2 people, 28.57%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pancreatic Carcinoma Metastatic (pancreatic cancer- metastatic): 2 people, 28.57%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Maxolon and have Anhedonia?Check whether Anhedonia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Anhedonia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of metoclopramide hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Maxolon:
- Maxolon (1,831 reports)
Common Maxolon side effects:
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 109 reports
- Diarrhea: 118 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 121 reports
- Fever: 127 reports
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 189 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 164 reports
- Pneumonia: 109 reports
Browse all side effects of Maxolon:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Anhedonia treatments and more:
- Anhedonia (40,984 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Anhedonia:
- Anhedonia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Anhedonia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Anhedonia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Anhedonia:
All the drugs that are associated with Anhedonia:
- Anhedonia (2,003 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Anhedonia:
All the conditions that are associated with Anhedonia:
- Anhedonia (1,170 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on metoclopramide hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Maxolon) and Maxolon (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Retin-A and Respiratory Fume Inhalation Disorder - 2 seconds ago
- Zolpidem Tartrate and Neurogenic Bladder - 3 seconds ago
- Codeine vs. Darvocet A500 - 9 seconds ago
- Meloxicam and Rheumatic Fever - 10 seconds ago
- Finasteride and Muscle Atrophy - 18 seconds ago
- Pain In Extremity and Macule - 19 seconds ago
- Solu-Cortef and Valacyclovir Hydrochloride drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Zioptan and Syncope Aggravated - 32 seconds ago
- Abraxane and Haematoma - 33 seconds ago
- Cefprozil and Urinary Tract Infection - 36 seconds ago