Mayzent and Death sudden - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Death sudden is found among people who take Mayzent, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,737 people who have side effects when taking Mayzent from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
4,737 people reported to have side effects when taking Mayzent.
Among them, 41 people (0.87%) died.
What is Mayzent?
Mayzent has active ingredients of siponimod fumaric acid. eHealthMe is studying from 7,240 Mayzent users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Mayzent and Death sudden reports submitted per year:
Time on Mayzent when people died *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 80 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 20 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who died when taking Mayzent *:
- female: 57.5 %
- male: 42.5 %
Age of people who died when taking Mayzent *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 38.1 %
- 60+: 61.9 %
Common drugs people take besides Mayzent *:
- Tylenol: 1 person, 2.44%
- Tamsulosin: 1 person, 2.44%
- Potassium: 1 person, 2.44%
- Norco: 1 person, 2.44%
- Motrin Migraine Pain: 1 person, 2.44%
- Levemir: 1 person, 2.44%
- Lactobacillus: 1 person, 2.44%
- Aleve: 1 person, 2.44%
Common side effects people have before they died *:
- White Blood Cell Count Decreased: 1 person, 2.44%
- Weakness: 1 person, 2.44%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 1 person, 2.44%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 1 person, 2.44%
- Neoplasm Malignant (cancer tumour): 1 person, 2.44%
- Hypertensive Crisis: 1 person, 2.44%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 2.44%
- Confusional State: 1 person, 2.44%
- Basal Ganglia Infarction (disruption of the blood flow in the small blood vessels in the white matter of the cerebral cortex): 1 person, 2.44%
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 16 people, 39.02%
- Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis (a stage of ms which comes after relapsing remitting ms in many cases): 4 people, 9.76%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 2.44%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Dong H, Zhang J, Ren L, Liu Q, Zhu S, "Unexpected death due to cefuroxime-induced disulfiram-like reaction", Indian journal of pharmacology, 2013 Jan .
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of siponimod fumaric acid:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Mayzent:
- Mayzent (7,240 reports)
Common Mayzent side effects:
Browse all side effects of Mayzent:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
COVID vaccines that are related to Death sudden:
- Death sudden in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Death sudden in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Death sudden in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Death sudden:
All the drugs that are associated with Death sudden:
- Death sudden (4,336 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Death sudden:
All the conditions that are associated with Death sudden:
- Death sudden (3,748 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on siponimod fumaric acid (the active ingredients of Mayzent) and Mayzent (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Calcium Carbonate and Estring drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Atropine Sulfate and Skin Blushing/Flushing - 12 seconds ago
- Embolex and Kidney Stones - 25 seconds ago
- Duexis vs. Voltaren-Xr - 36 seconds ago
- Ryzolt and Zanaflex drug interaction - 47 seconds ago
- Piperacillin And Tazobactam and Skin Discoloration - Bluish - 50 seconds ago
- Methadone Hydrochloride and Hypophosphataemia - 55 seconds ago
- Arimidex and Metastases To Lymph Nodes - 56 seconds ago
- Doxycycline and Seasonal Allergy - 57 seconds ago
- Dry Eyes Aggravated and Abortion Spontaneous - 59 seconds ago