Medroxyprogesterone acetate and Basedow's disease - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Basedow's disease is reported only by a few people who take Medroxyprogesterone Acetate.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Medroxyprogesterone acetate and have Basedow's disease. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,448 people who have side effects while taking Medroxyprogesterone acetate from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
11,448 people reported to have side effects when taking Medroxyprogesterone acetate.
Among them, 2 people (0.02%) have Basedow's disease.
What is Medroxyprogesterone acetate?
Medroxyprogesterone acetate has active ingredients of medroxyprogesterone acetate. It is often used in birth control. eHealthMe is studying from 11,621 Medroxyprogesterone acetate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Basedow's disease?
Basedow's disease (autoimmune disease where the thyroid is overactive, producing an excessive amount of thyroid hormones) is found to be associated with 673 drugs and 349 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Medroxyprogesterone acetate and Basedow's disease reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Basedow's disease when taking Medroxyprogesterone acetate *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Basedow's disease when taking Medroxyprogesterone acetate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 100 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Medroxyprogesterone acetate *:
- Progesterone: 2 people, 100.00%
- Prempro: 2 people, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Basedow's disease *:
- Weight Increased: 2 people, 100.00%
- Swallowing Difficulty: 2 people, 100.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 2 people, 100.00%
- Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect): 2 people, 100.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 2 people, 100.00%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 2 people, 100.00%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 2 people, 100.00%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 2 people, 100.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 2 people, 100.00%
- Depression: 2 people, 100.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Menopausal Symptoms: 2 people, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Medroxyprogesterone acetate and have Basedow's disease?Check whether Basedow's disease is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Bahall M, Reyes AJ, Ramcharan K, Hosein N, Seegobin K, Bahall K, Sharma H, Dhansingh S, Mahabir A, "Neuro-ophthalmological manifestations after intramuscular medroxyprogesterone: a forme fruste of idiopathic intracranial hypertension?", Neurology international, 2016 Sep .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Medroxyprogesterone acetate:
- Medroxyprogesterone acetate (11,621 reports)
Basedow's disease treatments and more:
- Basedow's disease (5,434 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Basedow's disease:
- Basedow's disease in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Basedow's disease in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Basedow's disease in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Basedow's disease and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of medroxyprogesterone acetate:
Common drugs associated with Basedow's disease:
All the drugs that are associated with Basedow's disease:
- Basedow's disease (673 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Basedow's disease:
All the conditions that are associated with Basedow's disease:
- Basedow's disease (349 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on medroxyprogesterone acetate (the active ingredients of Medroxyprogesterone acetate) and Medroxyprogesterone acetate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.