Mefenamic acid and Renal cyst - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Renal cyst is reported only by a few people who take Mefenamic Acid.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Mefenamic acid and have Renal cyst. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,333 people who have side effects while taking Mefenamic acid from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
4,333 people reported to have side effects when taking Mefenamic acid.
Among them, 3 people (0.07%) have Renal cyst.
What is Mefenamic acid?
Mefenamic acid has active ingredients of mefenamic acid. It is often used in painful menstrual periods. eHealthMe is studying from 4,425 Mefenamic acid users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Renal cyst?
Renal cyst (kidney cyst) is found to be associated with 1,795 drugs and 1,024 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Mefenamic acid and Renal cyst reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Renal cyst when taking Mefenamic acid *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Renal cyst when taking Mefenamic acid *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 50 %
- 60+: 50 %
Common drugs people take besides Mefenamic acid *:
- Prevacid: 1 person, 33.33%
- Paclitaxel: 1 person, 33.33%
- Alendronate Sodium: 1 person, 33.33%
- Alli: 1 person, 33.33%
- Carboplatin: 1 person, 33.33%
- Cimetidine: 1 person, 33.33%
- Diclofenac: 1 person, 33.33%
- Enbrel: 1 person, 33.33%
- Fosamax: 1 person, 33.33%
- Ibandronate Sodium: 1 person, 33.33%
Common side effects people have besides Renal cyst *:
- Urinary Tract Infection: 2 people, 66.67%
- Gallstones (stone formation by bile component): 2 people, 66.67%
- Haemorrhagic Anaemia (anaemia due to excessive bleeding): 1 person, 33.33%
- Gastroenteritis (inflammation of stomach and intestine): 1 person, 33.33%
- Gallbladder Polyp (growths or lesions resembling growths (polypoid lesions) in the wall of the gallbladder): 1 person, 33.33%
- Flatulence (flatus expelled through the anus): 1 person, 33.33%
- Fever: 1 person, 33.33%
- Femur Fracture: 1 person, 33.33%
- Fall: 1 person, 33.33%
- Fainting (loss of consciousness and postural tone): 1 person, 33.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 1 person, 33.33%
- Ovarian Cancer (cancer of ovary): 1 person, 33.33%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 1 person, 33.33%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 1 person, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Mefenamic acid and have Renal cyst?Check whether Renal cyst is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Renal cyst and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of mefenamic acid:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Mefenamic acid:
- Mefenamic acid (4,425 reports)
Common Mefenamic acid side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 641 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 532 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 416 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 359 reports
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 351 reports
- Pain: 338 reports
- Dizziness: 311 reports
Browse all side effects of Mefenamic acid:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Renal cyst treatments and more:
- Renal cyst (11,184 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Renal cyst:
- Renal cyst in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Renal cyst in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Renal cyst in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Renal cyst:
- Aspirin: 1,230 reports
- Zometa: 1,177 reports
- Prevacid: 1,070 reports
- Prednisone: 1,019 reports
- Fosamax: 970 reports
- Omeprazole: 955 reports
- Nexium: 787 reports
- Lipitor: 780 reports
- Prilosec: 764 reports
- Aredia: 743 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Renal cyst:
- Renal cyst (1,795 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Renal cyst:
- High blood pressure: 1,220 reports
- Osteoporosis: 962 reports
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease: 866 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 760 reports
- Pain: 524 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 457 reports
- Type 2 diabetes: 413 reports
- Depression: 341 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Renal cyst:
- Renal cyst (1,024 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on mefenamic acid (the active ingredients of Mefenamic acid) and Mefenamic acid (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Potassium Chloride and Amantadine Hydrochloride drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Asacol Hd and Accupril drug interaction - 37 seconds ago
- Pyridoxine and Aredia drug interaction - 43 seconds ago
- Allegra and Dental Plaque - 47 seconds ago
- Acitretin and Crohn'S Disease - 50 seconds ago
- Crestor and Tagamet Hb drug interaction - a minute ago
- Pharyngeal Disorder and drugs of ingredients of bupivacaine hydrochloride - a minute ago
- Sertraline Hydrochloride and Calquence drug interaction - a minute ago
- Asacol Hd and Abacavir drug interaction - a minute ago
- Clobetasol Propionate and Fluticasone Propionate drug interaction - a minute ago