Megestrol acetate and Colonic polyp - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Colonic polyp is found among people who take Megestrol acetate, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Megestrol acetate and have Colonic polyp. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,770 people who have side effects when taking Megestrol acetate from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
4,770 people reported to have side effects when taking Megestrol acetate.
Among them, 17 people (0.36%) have Colonic polyp.
What is Megestrol acetate?
Megestrol acetate has active ingredients of megestrol acetate. It is often used in appetite - decreased. eHealthMe is studying from 4,833 Megestrol acetate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Colonic polyp?
Colonic polyp (extra part of colon tissue grow in intestine) is found to be associated with 1,159 drugs and 601 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Megestrol acetate and Colonic polyp reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Colonic polyp when taking Megestrol acetate *:
- female: 52.94 %
- male: 47.06 %
Age of people who have Colonic polyp when taking Megestrol acetate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 87.5 %
- 60+: 12.5 %
Common drugs people take besides Megestrol acetate *:
- Megace: 16 people, 94.12%
- Zometa: 16 people, 94.12%
- Zantac: 15 people, 88.24%
- Lexapro: 9 people, 52.94%
- Aredia: 9 people, 52.94%
- Bactrim: 9 people, 52.94%
- Clarinex: 9 people, 52.94%
- Dilaudid: 9 people, 52.94%
- Duragesic-100: 9 people, 52.94%
- Faslodex: 9 people, 52.94%
Common side effects people have besides Colonic polyp *:
- Back Pain: 16 people, 94.12%
- Stress And Anxiety: 16 people, 94.12%
- Intervertebral Disc Protrusion (spinal disc protrusion): 15 people, 88.24%
- Toothaches (tooth pain): 15 people, 88.24%
- Pain: 15 people, 88.24%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 15 people, 88.24%
- Dizziness: 15 people, 88.24%
- Diplopia (double vision): 14 people, 82.35%
- Spinal Osteoarthritis (joint cartilage loss in spine): 14 people, 82.35%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 13 people, 76.47%
Common conditions people have *:
- Prostate Cancer Metastatic: 7 people, 41.18%
- Metastatic Neoplasm (spreadable cancer tumour): 3 people, 17.65%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 5.88%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Megestrol acetate and have Colonic polyp?Check whether Colonic polyp is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Colonic polyp and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of megestrol acetate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Megestrol acetate:
- Megestrol acetate (4,833 reports)
Common Megestrol acetate side effects:
Browse all side effects of Megestrol acetate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Colonic polyp treatments and more:
- Colonic polyp (5,010 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Colonic polyp:
- Colonic polyp in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Colonic polyp in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Colonic polyp in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Colonic polyp:
All the drugs that are associated with Colonic polyp:
- Colonic polyp (1,159 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Colonic polyp:
All the conditions that are associated with Colonic polyp:
- Colonic polyp (601 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on megestrol acetate (the active ingredients of Megestrol acetate) and Megestrol acetate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Plaquenil and Infusion Related Reaction - 22 seconds ago
- Thorazine and Nausea And Vomiting - a minute ago
- Sumatriptan vs. Zolmitriptan - a minute ago
- Dupixent and Pyogenic Liver Abscess - a minute ago
- Cefuroxime and Intestinal Ischaemia - a minute ago
- Tramadol and Scopolamine drug interaction - a minute ago
- Losartan vs. Imdur - a minute ago
- Cassia Senna and Risperidone drug interaction - 2 minutes ago
- Cefuroxime Sodium and Tamoxifen Citrate drug interaction - 2 minutes ago
- Butrans and Itching - 2 minutes ago