Melatonin and A-fib - from FDA reports
A-fib is found among people who take Melatonin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Vitamin D3, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have A-fib with Melatonin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,039 people who have side effects when taking Melatonin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 20, 2017
11,039 people reported to have side effects when taking Melatonin.
Among them, 97 people (0.88%) have A-fib
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Melatonin when people have A-fib *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have A-fib when taking Melatonin *:
- female: 44.21 %
- male: 55.79 %
Age of people who have A-fib when taking Melatonin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.28 %
- 20-29: 2.56 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 3.85 %
- 50-59: 5.13 %
- 60+: 87.18 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (19 people, 19.59%)
- Multiple Myeloma (15 people, 15.46%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (13 people, 13.40%)
- High Blood Pressure (12 people, 12.37%)
- Stress And Anxiety (11 people, 11.34%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vitamin D3 (23 people, 23.71%)
- Lasix (16 people, 16.49%)
- Lipitor (15 people, 15.46%)
- Tylenol (14 people, 14.43%)
- Vitamin B12 (13 people, 13.40%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (15 people, 15.46%)
- Fatigue (14 people, 14.43%)
- Pneumonia (12 people, 12.37%)
- Nausea (12 people, 12.37%)
- Weakness (9 people, 9.28%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have A-fib when taking Melatonin?
- Check symptoms - is a-fib caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsA-fib and drugs with ingredients of melatonin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeA-fib and Melatonin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Melatonin has active ingredients of melatonin. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Melatonin 12,278 users)
A-fib (most common type of arrhythmia) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, high blood pressure, diabetes, multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 181,336 A-fib patients).
Browse all side effects of Melatonina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with A-fibA-fib
Could your condition cause A-fibA-fib
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I’ve had undiagnosed right ear pain intermittently for some time without any diagnosis obtainable from ENT or medical Doctors. Took 10mg of Melatonin for sleep aid for first time last night. I awoke at 3am with a level 10+ right ear ache. I thought of an ER visit, but laid on my right ear ...
I'm having an MRI for my lower back and am claustrophobic. My doc prescribed me 3 x 1 mg tablets of Lorazepam to be taken one a day starting two days before. That sounds like a recipe for not getting any work done, so I googled and found they recommend one tab 1 to 2 hours before and a second ...