Meloxicam and Angiofibroma - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Angiofibroma is found among people who take Meloxicam, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Meloxicam and have Angiofibroma. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 55,060 people who have side effects when taking Meloxicam from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
55,060 people reported to have side effects when taking Meloxicam.
Among them, 20 people (0.04%) have Angiofibroma.
What is Meloxicam?
Meloxicam has active ingredients of meloxicam. It is often used in arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 57,980 Meloxicam users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Angiofibroma?
Angiofibroma (small, reddish brown or even flesh-coloured, smooth, shiny, 0.1- to 0.3 cm papules present over the sides of the nose and the medial portions of the cheeks) is found to be associated with 186 drugs and 43 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Meloxicam and Angiofibroma reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Angiofibroma when taking Meloxicam *:
- female: 80 %
- male: 20 %
Age of people who have Angiofibroma when taking Meloxicam *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 85 %
- 60+: 15 %
Common drugs people take besides Meloxicam *:
- Mobic: 20 people, 100.00%
- Zometa: 20 people, 100.00%
- Nystatin: 20 people, 100.00%
- Omeprazole: 20 people, 100.00%
- Atenolol: 20 people, 100.00%
- Folic Acid: 20 people, 100.00%
- Temazepam: 19 people, 95.00%
- Zoloft: 19 people, 95.00%
- Metoclopramide: 19 people, 95.00%
- Nexium: 18 people, 90.00%
Common side effects people have besides Angiofibroma *:
- Wound Infection Staphylococcal: 20 people, 100.00%
- Tooth Abscess (pus formation in tooth): 20 people, 100.00%
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 20 people, 100.00%
- Scar: 20 people, 100.00%
- Lichenoid Keratosis (a skin disorder described by rapid growing, reddish to brown, benign (noncancerous) lesion on the skin): 20 people, 100.00%
- Spinal Osteoarthritis (joint cartilage loss in spine): 20 people, 100.00%
- Injury: 20 people, 100.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 20 people, 100.00%
- Hypoaesthesia Oral (reduced sense of touch or sensation in mouth): 20 people, 100.00%
- Purulent Discharge (discharge that contains pus): 20 people, 100.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Hypercalcaemia (elevated calcium (ca+) level in the blood): 17 people, 85.00%
- Breast Cancer: 17 people, 85.00%
- Breast Cancer Metastatic: 16 people, 80.00%
- Trismus (reduced opening of the jaws): 3 people, 15.00%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 3 people, 15.00%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 1 person, 5.00%
- Migraine (headache): 1 person, 5.00%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 1 person, 5.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Meloxicam and have Angiofibroma?Check whether Angiofibroma is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lai SW, Lin CL, Liao KF, "Association of Meloxicam Use with the Risk of Acute Pancreatitis: A Case–Control Study", Clinical drug investigation, 2015 Oct .
How severe was Angiofibroma and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of meloxicam:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Meloxicam:
- Meloxicam (57,980 reports)
Common Meloxicam side effects:
Browse all side effects of Meloxicam:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Angiofibroma treatments and more:
- Angiofibroma (129 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Angiofibroma:
- Angiofibroma in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Angiofibroma in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Angiofibroma in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Angiofibroma:
- Angiofibroma (186 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Angiofibroma:
- Angiofibroma (43 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on meloxicam (the active ingredients of Meloxicam) and Meloxicam (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Testim and Colchicine drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Lansoprazole and Cyclosporine drug interaction - 35 seconds ago
- Celebrex and Consciousness - Decreased - 40 seconds ago
- Valtrex and Galantamine Hydrobromide drug interaction - 43 seconds ago
- Epitol and Tysabri drug interaction - 51 seconds ago
- Lexapro and Disability - 55 seconds ago
- Accupril and Zonisamide drug interaction - a minute ago
- Talicia and Dyspepsia Aggravated - a minute ago
- Doxepin Hydrochloride and Spironolactone drug interaction - a minute ago
- Calcium Carbonate and Blister - a minute ago