Meloxicam and Asthma - from FDA reports
Asthma is found among people who take Meloxicam, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Rheumatoid arthritis. This review analyzes which people have Asthma with Meloxicam. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 23,096 people who have side effects when taking Meloxicam from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 27, 2017
23,096 people reported to have side effects when taking Meloxicam.
Among them, 217 people (0.94%) have Asthma
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Meloxicam when people have Asthma *:
- < 1 month: 20 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 40 %
- 2 - 5 years: 40 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Asthma when taking Meloxicam *:
- female: 87.68 %
- male: 12.32 %
Age of people who have Asthma when taking Meloxicam *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 1.23 %
- 10-19: 0.62 %
- 20-29: 3.09 %
- 30-39: 6.17 %
- 40-49: 13.58 %
- 50-59: 29.63 %
- 60+: 45.68 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (29 people, 13.36%)
- Breast Cancer Metastatic (23 people, 10.60%)
- Metastatic Neoplasm (20 people, 9.22%)
- Hypersensitivity (18 people, 8.29%)
- Diabetes (18 people, 8.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (57 people, 26.27%)
- Ambien (56 people, 25.81%)
- Synthroid (53 people, 24.42%)
- Levaquin (53 people, 24.42%)
- Fosamax (44 people, 20.28%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (68 people, 31.34%)
- Pain In Extremity (63 people, 29.03%)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (62 people, 28.57%)
- Back Pain (61 people, 28.11%)
- Spinal Osteoarthritis (60 people, 27.65%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Asthma when taking Meloxicam?
- Check symptoms - is asthma caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAsthma and drugs with ingredients of meloxicam.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAsthma and Meloxicam from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Meloxicam has active ingredients of meloxicam. It is often used in arthritis. (latest outcomes from Meloxicam 25,399 users)
Asthma has been reported by people with asthma, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 138,436 Asthma patients).
Browse all side effects of Meloxicama b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with AsthmaAsthma
Could your condition cause AsthmaAsthma
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hello, My name is Nikki and I have dealt with severe asthma since I was 7 years old (I'm now 30). I have had a variety of prescriptions over the years, including albutoral, both vials for nebulizer and inhaler, serevent, flovent, advair, and steroids such as Prednisone. I never noticed it as a ...
I started taking Meloxicam for arthritis. I took it for 1 1/2 weeks and noticed significant shortness of breath along with extreme fatigue and jaw pain. I stopped taking it immediately after looking up the side effects. My fatigue and jaw pain have gone away, but the shortness of breath ...
Hi, I was prescribed meloxicam for my tailbone pain. I took one 7.5mg dose and that gave me the worst panic attack. I am not taking it anymore but i still feel very anxious and I am not myself anymore. It has been 5 days since i took the dose. Will this take time to go away? Do I need any ...
I am a 40 year old women with primary sjrogrens syndrome and frybromialgia along with several comprised lung issues, bladder, neurological, gastrointestinal, thyroid disease, all related to my primary sjrogrens I suffer from a long stream of other symptoms as well tight spastic sore muscles, ...