Meloxicam and Renal vein thrombosis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Renal vein thrombosis is reported only by a few people who take Meloxicam.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Meloxicam and have Renal vein thrombosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 55,060 people who have side effects while taking Meloxicam from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
55,060 people reported to have side effects when taking Meloxicam.
Among them, 3 people (0.01%) have Renal vein thrombosis.
What is Meloxicam?
Meloxicam has active ingredients of meloxicam. It is often used in arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 57,980 Meloxicam users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Renal vein thrombosis?
Renal vein thrombosis (blood clot in renal vein) is found to be associated with 504 drugs and 307 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Meloxicam and Renal vein thrombosis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Renal vein thrombosis when taking Meloxicam *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Renal vein thrombosis when taking Meloxicam *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 100 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Meloxicam *:
- Yaz: 3 people, 100.00%
- Combivent: 3 people, 100.00%
- Yasmin: 2 people, 66.67%
- Diclofenac Sodium: 2 people, 66.67%
- Advil Liqui-Gels: 2 people, 66.67%
- Methylprednisolone: 1 person, 33.33%
- Ibuprofen: 1 person, 33.33%
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen: 1 person, 33.33%
- Diclofenac: 1 person, 33.33%
- Cephalexin: 1 person, 33.33%
Common side effects people have besides Renal vein thrombosis *:
- Thrombosis (formation of a blood clot inside a blood vessel): 3 people, 100.00%
- Pulmonary Thrombosis (scarring in the lungs): 3 people, 100.00%
- Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung): 3 people, 100.00%
- Productive Cough: 3 people, 100.00%
- Pneumonia: 3 people, 100.00%
- Flank Pain (a distressing sensation experienced around the lower back and the upper abdomen): 3 people, 100.00%
- Dyspnea Exertional: 3 people, 100.00%
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis): 3 people, 100.00%
- Chest Pain: 3 people, 100.00%
- Breathing Difficulty: 3 people, 100.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Premenstrual Syndrome: 3 people, 100.00%
- Birth Control: 3 people, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Meloxicam and have Renal vein thrombosis?Check whether Renal vein thrombosis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lai SW, Lin CL, Liao KF, "Association of Meloxicam Use with the Risk of Acute Pancreatitis: A Case–Control Study", Clinical drug investigation, 2015 Oct .
How severe was Renal vein thrombosis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of meloxicam:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Meloxicam:
- Meloxicam (57,980 reports)
Common Meloxicam side effects:
Browse all side effects of Meloxicam:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Renal vein thrombosis treatments and more:
- Renal vein thrombosis (851 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Renal vein thrombosis:
- Renal vein thrombosis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Renal vein thrombosis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Renal vein thrombosis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Renal vein thrombosis:
- Renal vein thrombosis (504 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Renal vein thrombosis:
- Renal vein thrombosis (307 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on meloxicam (the active ingredients of Meloxicam) and Meloxicam (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Sulfamethoxazole and Halcion drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Soliris and Exidine drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Topiramate and Synribo drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Coq and Gastric Ulcer - 16 seconds ago
- Simcor and Omnicef drug interaction - 38 seconds ago
- Rabeprazole Sodium and Insomnia - 38 seconds ago
- Atarax and Bone Marrow Failure - 49 seconds ago
- Travatan Z and Buspirone Hcl drug interaction - a minute ago
- Cinnamon and Dexilant drug interaction - a minute ago
- Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride and Diltiazem Hydrochloride drug interaction - a minute ago