Meprobamate and Abdominal symptom - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Abdominal symptom is reported only by a few people who take Meprobamate.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Meprobamate and have Abdominal symptom. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,189 people who have side effects while taking Meprobamate from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
2,189 people reported to have side effects when taking Meprobamate.
Among them, 1 person (0.05%) has Abdominal symptom.
What is Meprobamate?
Meprobamate has active ingredients of meprobamate. It is often used in stress and anxiety. eHealthMe is studying from 2,212 Meprobamate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Abdominal symptom?
Abdominal symptom is found to be associated with 772 drugs and 459 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Meprobamate and Abdominal symptom reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Abdominal symptom when taking Meprobamate *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Abdominal symptom when taking Meprobamate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Meprobamate *:
- Theophylline: 1 person, 100.00%
- Risperdal: 1 person, 100.00%
- Olanzapine: 1 person, 100.00%
- Haloperidol: 1 person, 100.00%
- Furosemide: 1 person, 100.00%
- Clozapine: 1 person, 100.00%
- Clonazepam: 1 person, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Abdominal symptom *:
- Respiratory Acidosis (respiratory failure or ventilatory failure, causes the ph of blood and other bodily fluids to decrease): 1 person, 100.00%
- Psychotic Disorder: 1 person, 100.00%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 1 person, 100.00%
- Ileus Paralytic (obstruction of the intestine due to paralysis of the intestinal muscles): 1 person, 100.00%
- Gastric Atony (lack of muscle tone of stomach): 1 person, 100.00%
- Erysipelas (bacterial skin infection): 1 person, 100.00%
- Cardiac Failure: 1 person, 100.00%
- Blood Urea Increased: 1 person, 100.00%
- Blood Creatinine Increased: 1 person, 100.00%
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 1 person, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Meprobamate and have Abdominal symptom?Check whether Abdominal symptom is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Abdominal symptom and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of meprobamate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Meprobamate:
- Meprobamate (2,212 reports)
Common Meprobamate side effects:
- Accidental overdose (therapeutic agent): 189 reports
- Cardiac arrest: 117 reports
- Completed suicide (act of taking one's own life): 195 reports
- Drug abuse and dependence: 228 reports
- Drug ineffective: 162 reports
- Drug toxicity: 175 reports
- Multiple drug overdose: 103 reports
- Overdose: 165 reports
- Pulmonary oedema (fluid accumulation in the lungs): 101 reports
Browse all side effects of Meprobamate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Abdominal symptom treatments and more:
- Abdominal symptom (837 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Abdominal symptom:
- Abdominal symptom in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Abdominal symptom in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Abdominal symptom in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Abdominal symptom:
- Abdominal symptom (772 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Abdominal symptom:
- Abdominal symptom (459 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on meprobamate (the active ingredients of Meprobamate) and Meprobamate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Vitamin K1 and Abraxane drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Adriamycin Pfs and Furuncle - 3 seconds ago
- Cilostazol and Carisoprodol drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Janumet and Rectal Haemorrhage - 5 seconds ago
- Mirena and Peritoneal Effusion - 7 seconds ago
- Janumet and Subdural Haematoma - 10 seconds ago
- Unasyn and Vision Blurred - 12 seconds ago
- Doxycycline and Estrogenic Substance drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Janumet and Overdose - 14 seconds ago
- Bi-Sifrol vs. Tramadol - 19 seconds ago