Mercaptopurine and Hypoglycaemia - from FDA reports
Hypoglycaemia is found among people who take Mercaptopurine, especially for people who are male, 2-9 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Acute lymphocytic leukemia (all). This review analyzes which people have Hypoglycaemia with Mercaptopurine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 9,560 people who have side effects when taking Mercaptopurine from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 26, 2017
9,560 people reported to have side effects when taking Mercaptopurine.
Among them, 43 people (0.45%) have Hypoglycaemia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Mercaptopurine when people have Hypoglycaemia *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hypoglycaemia when taking Mercaptopurine *:
- female: 36.11 %
- male: 63.89 %
Age of people who have Hypoglycaemia when taking Mercaptopurine *:
- 0-1: 8.82 %
- 2-9: 61.76 %
- 10-19: 17.65 %
- 20-29: 5.88 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 2.94 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 2.94 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (all) (26 people, 60.47%)
- B Precursor Type Acute Leukaemia (2 people, 4.65%)
- Pyoderma Gangrenosum (1 person, 2.33%)
- Chest Pain (1 person, 2.33%)
- Baltic Myoclonic Epilepsy (1 person, 2.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Methotrexate (21 people, 48.84%)
- Prednisone (6 people, 13.95%)
- Dexamethasone (6 people, 13.95%)
- Vincristine Sulfate (4 people, 9.30%)
- Oncaspar (4 people, 9.30%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hypotension (5 people, 11.63%)
- Hair Loss (4 people, 9.30%)
- Ascites (4 people, 9.30%)
- Nausea (3 people, 6.98%)
- Dehydration (3 people, 6.98%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Hypoglycaemia when taking Mercaptopurine?
- Check symptoms - is hypoglycaemia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHypoglycaemia and drugs with ingredients of mercaptopurine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHypoglycaemia and Mercaptopurine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Mercaptopurine has active ingredients of mercaptopurine. It is often used in crohn's disease. (latest outcomes from Mercaptopurine 9,797 users)
Hypoglycaemia (deficiency of glucose in the bloodstream) has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, type 1 diabetes (latest reports from 32,938 Hypoglycaemia patients).
Browse all side effects of Mercaptopurinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HypoglycaemiaHypoglycaemia
Could your condition cause HypoglycaemiaHypoglycaemia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
iAm a diabetic. am over 60, female. i have inflamed stomach lining. Very Painful....watching closely what i eat... have lost 5 lbs this week... Occasionally the pain ia bearable, mostly not. I have been reading that antacids can lower blood sugar...I am afraid to go to sleep because my blood ...
I am a 40+ years Type l Brittle diabetic, 5'5" about 160lbs. I had an MI 11/28/14 and was put on all these medications as well as my insulin regimen. I experienced initial pain during the heart attack but then nothing for the 2 days following. Four stents were placed on 12/1/14 and immediately ...