Mesna and Atrial fibrillation/flutter - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Atrial fibrillation/flutter is found among people who take Mesna, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Mesna and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8,290 people who have side effects when taking Mesna from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
8,290 people reported to have side effects when taking Mesna.
Among them, 133 people (1.6%) have Atrial fibrillation/flutter.
What is Mesna?
Mesna has active ingredients of mesna. eHealthMe is studying from 8,296 Mesna users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Atrial fibrillation/flutter?
Atrial fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles) is found to be associated with 3,636 drugs and 3,433 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Mesna and Atrial fibrillation/flutter reports submitted per year:
Time on Mesna when people have Atrial fibrillation/flutter *:
Gender of people who have Atrial fibrillation/flutter when taking Mesna*:
Age of people who have Atrial fibrillation/flutter when taking Mesna *:
Common drugs people take besides Mesna *:
Common side effects people have besides Atrial fibrillation/flutter *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Mesna and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter?Check whether Atrial fibrillation/flutter is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Atrial fibrillation/flutter and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of mesna:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Mesna:
- Mesna (8,296 reports)
Common Mesna side effects:
- Fever: 827 reports
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 693 reports
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 672 reports
- Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death): 414 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 361 reports
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 348 reports
Browse all side effects of Mesna:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Atrial fibrillation/flutter treatments and more:
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter (320,306 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Atrial fibrillation/flutter:
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Atrial fibrillation/flutter:
- Aspirin: 10,353 reports
- Furosemide: 7,588 reports
- Prednisone: 6,585 reports
- Digoxin: 6,352 reports
- Lasix: 6,077 reports
- Coumadin: 5,821 reports
- Eliquis: 5,198 reports
- Lisinopril: 4,607 reports
- Metformin: 4,384 reports
- Omeprazole: 4,351 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Atrial fibrillation/flutter:
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter (3,636 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Atrial fibrillation/flutter:
- High blood pressure: 7,895 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 5,272 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 5,047 reports
- Diabetes: 3,939 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Atrial fibrillation/flutter:
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter (3,433 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on mesna (the active ingredients of Mesna) and Mesna (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Brimonidine Tartrate and Brilinta drug interaction - a second ago
- Sodium Chloride and Death - 9 seconds ago
- Cytarabine and Burkitt'S Leukaemia - 13 seconds ago
- Procardia Xl vs. Ativan - 18 seconds ago
- Epaned and Vitamin D3 drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate vs. Prozac - 20 seconds ago
- Ketorolac Tromethamine and Ectopic Pregnancy - 21 seconds ago
- Concerta vs. Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate - 22 seconds ago
- Flaxseed Oil and Breast Cancer - 23 seconds ago
- Penicillin G Potassium vs. Omnicef - 23 seconds ago