Mesna and Toxic skin eruption - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Toxic skin eruption is found among people who take Mesna, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Mesna and have Toxic skin eruption. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 9,063 people who have side effects when taking Mesna from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
9,063 people reported to have side effects when taking Mesna.
Among them, 27 people (0.3%) have Toxic skin eruption.
What is Mesna?
Mesna has active ingredients of mesna. eHealthMe is studying from 9,069 Mesna users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Toxic skin eruption?
Toxic skin eruption (skin breakdown due to toxic substance) is found to be associated with 1,278 drugs and 1,040 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Mesna and Toxic skin eruption reports submitted per year:
Time on Mesna when people have Toxic skin eruption *:
- < 1 month: 91.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 8.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Toxic skin eruption when taking Mesna *:
- female: 81.48 %
- male: 18.52 %
Age of people who have Toxic skin eruption when taking Mesna *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 16.67 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 16.67 %
- 60+: 66.67 %
Common drugs people take besides Mesna *:
- Bactrim: 9 people, 33.33%
- Methotrexate: 7 people, 25.93%
- Solu-Medrol: 5 people, 18.52%
- Ifosfamide: 4 people, 14.81%
- Valacyclovir Hydrochloride: 4 people, 14.81%
- Xylocaine: 4 people, 14.81%
- Purinethol: 3 people, 11.11%
- Sertraline: 3 people, 11.11%
- Crestor: 3 people, 11.11%
- Cyclophosphamide: 3 people, 11.11%
Common side effects people have besides Toxic skin eruption *:
- Hypernatraemia (an abnormally high plasma concentration of sodium ions): 5 people, 18.52%
- High Blood Pressure: 5 people, 18.52%
- Cheilitis (infection of lips): 5 people, 18.52%
- Cytolytic Hepatitis (dissolution or destruction of a liver cell): 5 people, 18.52%
- Dermatitis Bullous (inflammation of the skin characterized by the presence of bullae which are filled with fluid): 5 people, 18.52%
- Febrile Bone Marrow Aplasia (bone marrow greatly decreases or stops production of blood cells): 5 people, 18.52%
- Acute Kidney Failure: 5 people, 18.52%
- Alanine Aminotransferase Increased: 4 people, 14.81%
- Aspartate Aminotransferase Increased: 4 people, 14.81%
- Pain Of Skin: 4 people, 14.81%
Common conditions people have *:
- Lung Cancer - Non-Small Cell (lung cancer): 10 people, 37.04%
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (malignant (cancer) cells form in the lymph system): 3 people, 11.11%
- Bone Marrow Conditioning Regimen: 3 people, 11.11%
- Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma Unspecified (peripheral t-cell cancer unspecified): 1 person, 3.70%
- Mucosal Inflammation (infection of mucous membrane): 1 person, 3.70%
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma (cancer originating from white blood cells): 1 person, 3.70%
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (All) (cancer of the white blood cells characterized by excess lymphoblasts): 1 person, 3.70%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Mesna and have Toxic skin eruption?Check whether Toxic skin eruption is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Toxic skin eruption and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of mesna:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Mesna:
- Mesna (9,069 reports)
Common Mesna side effects:
- Fever: 827 reports
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 693 reports
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 672 reports
- Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death): 414 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 361 reports
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 348 reports
Browse all side effects of Mesna:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Toxic skin eruption treatments and more:
- Toxic skin eruption (10,950 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Toxic skin eruption:
- Toxic skin eruption in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Toxic skin eruption in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Toxic skin eruption in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Toxic skin eruption:
- Lopurin: 492 reports
- Allopurinol: 492 reports
- Augmentin: 474 reports
- Furosemide: 399 reports
- Bactrim: 390 reports
- Pantoprazole: 314 reports
- Omeprazole: 304 reports
- Paracetamol: 298 reports
- Amlodipine: 294 reports
- Lamictal: 293 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Toxic skin eruption:
- Toxic skin eruption (1,278 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Toxic skin eruption:
- High blood pressure: 718 reports
- Epilepsy: 328 reports
- Pain: 291 reports
- Depression: 243 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 236 reports
- Hepatitis c: 222 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 212 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Toxic skin eruption:
- Toxic skin eruption (1,040 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on mesna (the active ingredients of Mesna) and Mesna (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Decadron and Biliary Sepsis - a second ago
- Ranitidine and Eyelid Infection - 4 seconds ago
- Bidil and Blood Glucose Increased - 9 seconds ago
- Levophed and Primacor drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Enbrel and Laboratory Test Abnormal - 10 seconds ago
- Labetalol Hydrochloride and Simvastatin drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Divalproex Sodium and Ankylosing Spondylitis - 22 seconds ago
- Kenalog In Orabase and Levothyroxine Sodium drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Diabetes and drugs of ingredients of etanercept - 24 seconds ago
- Strensiq and Injection Site Atrophy - 25 seconds ago